Re: Delayed Texts Are Still a Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AHAYMOND18, we definitely want to make sure you are receiving group text messages in the correct order. Is this only occurring in that one group chat? What messaging app are you using?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
AHAYMOND18

It isn't just a matter of order but also that they come in hours after being sent. I only have one group chat, so I don't know if would be a problem with others. It doesn't seem to be an issue with messaging a single person. I'm using the Message+ app. 

0 Likes
Shelley6456

Since about March 10, when I came back into the country from a vacation where my phone was on airplane mode for 11 days, I've been experiencing the same issue.

Using Message+ Version 6.9.13 on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ running Android version 10.  Delays are anywhere from 30-45 minutes to 8 hours late.  Seems to be mainly in group messages and usually from people who have iPhones.  Might be a coincidence, or it could be them using a non-android messaging app?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I also missed a time-sensitive message from my boss this evening, which now makes this beyond frustrating.

I've tried being disconnected from WiFi, resetting the network, turning the phone off for 15 minutes, clearing the app cache.  Signal when not connnected to WiFi is generally very strong, 3-4 bars of 4G. HELP!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned your group messages are not working as expected, and we would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. When did this start? Does it occur in a particular location?  

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
AHAYMOND18

I looked back through some messages and noted that I had commented to another person about it being a problem since March 17. At the moment we are all in the Kansas City area, but some texts were sent/received from people in Iowa. This past week, sometimes it will be texts for within my own home. It's absolutely ridiculous - I can be sitting next to my mother, who has a Galaxy S10 w/AT&T, and she'll get messages from the group but I won't, until much later and out of order. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That information is very helpful, AHAYMOND18. We definitely want to make sure that you're able to receive group text messages on time, and in the correct order. What is the make and model of your device? Does the issue continue when using the default messaging app on your phone? To confirm, is your device software and all apps up to date?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes