Re: Delayed Texts Are Still a Problem
BigKuma
Enthusiast - Level 2

What other App ?

Why would app make a difference, all the apps probably call into the same underlying system API for sending/ recieving texts.

0 Likes
BigKuma
Enthusiast - Level 2

What other App (besides Verizon Messenger and Google Message) are you guys having success with  ?

Why would app make a difference, all the apps probably call into the same underlying system API for sending/ receiving texts.

Also, note that after you get your super delayed message, you can click it and find out when it was actually sent.  Which also points to some sort of networking problem in Verizon.

Back in the olden days, text messages were sent on a dedicated Paging channel in CDMA band.  That was always on as long as you have any signal (1x,3G or whatnot).  I am sure they are trying to switch to some advanced LTE Data based method and something is going awry.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to get your messages on time, BigKuma. I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with messages being delayed. Some messaging apps act differently since they might run on the internet (Messenger, WhatsApp, etc.) We can certainly look into messaging apps that are connected to our network. I want to get additional information. What is the make & model of your device? Are you using the default application on your device or Verizon Messages?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
WindSailor

This Verizon customer is not alone as I too have the problem. However, today I got hard evidence of text message delay. My phone shows that a text message from my wife was received at 1:15 AM this morning.  The message was sent about 5 PM the previous afternoon. Believe me when I say that at 1:15 AM we were not using our phones or doing any activity that could interfer with delivery of a SMS text. In both cases the hardware are iPhone 5es on the same Verizon family plan. Delayed Text Message.jpg

0 Likes
JennyPenney

Which app are you using for texts? I have tried two and have had several hour delays when in group chats.  It typically only happens when iPhone users are texting me.  Some texts I never receive and other times they come in scrambled order so it is hard to follow the conversation.  

0 Likes
WindSailor

We're using the default iPhone messaging application, the one with the white cloud over green background icon.  It certainly  looks like the delay is a Verizon Network issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you are having issues with your messages being delayed, WindSailor. Is the delay with sending or receiving messages? Does this happen with all messages?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help. Does this happen with all messages,? 

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes
WindSailor

No .. Only about once per week do I discover grossly delayed text messages, but then there may be others that I never learn about.  As yet, I've not been able to replicate the problem.  The intermittent nature of the problem makes it hard to pin down a possible cause.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you notice this occurring in a specific area? Have you been noticing any signal issues on your phone effecting any other services? StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes