Delayed Messages - Verizon Messaging App
C_Lyn_Am
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Verizon Galaxy S5 with the newest Android version.  I have been having issues with people receiving my texts hours or sometimes days after I send.  At first I thought it only applied to MMS or picture messages but it is regular text messages as well.  I use the Verizon app and it doesn't matter if I'm on the mobile network or Wi-Fi.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.  The issue has been reported back to me from other Verizon users as well as T Mobile and other carriers.  I have done enough research to come to the conclusion that it is in issue with my phone or the Verizon app itself or maybe even the network.  I thought about maybe trying to use the native texting app instead of the Verizon one or downloading Go SMS to see if that solves the problem.  I was just wondering if others are having the same issue.  I have literally had to take screenshots to send to people to show that I truly DID send the text hours or days prior.  This is causing a lot of confusion and problems and I don't see why my texts are not being sent instantly.  It makes no sense!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Delayed Messages - Verizon Messaging App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get this fixed once and for all JSP847.  We definitely appreciate all the troubleshooting you have already completed in attempt to get your messages out in timely matter.  Our next step will be to complete a factory reset. Prior to complete a reset we want to ensure all your data is backed up.  http://vz.to/1wzL0ps

Complete the factory reset http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99541/ and keep us posted on your progress.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kowaikdyui
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my droid mini. I would send several messages throughout the day & would be received in bunches by the person I sent them to. The messages overwhelmed him & made me appear crazy...lol. Not good Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
C_Lyn_Am, Your text messages are too important to be missed! I'm truly sorry to learn that you've been experiencing this since the recent software update. I know you mentioned trying different messaging applications - definitely a great step - Which text message application are you using currently as the default? Where are you located (zip)? We'll figure this out, together. TanishaS1_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
cloeloco

I'm not getting any messages nor are my messages being recieved

0 Likes
JSP847

We are having the same problem on our LG Enact phones. With 5 bars of 3G or 4G, the message sometimes goes through immediately, even with an attachment, and other times spools for 20 - 30 minutes, even if the message is simply yes or no. It may indicate a fail or it may eventually go out. Restarting the phone appears to help. Messages sometimes arrive hours later, the next day or not at all. This can happen when both phones are on and within a few hundred feet of each other. Tried freeing up memory by deleting most messages and stored documents and removing apps. Tried using safe mode. The text app is the one provided on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JSP847,

We want to make sure your texts are consistently working for you. Thank you for the steps you have already tried with your phone. It sounds like an app reset is in order. You will want to go to Settings, Application Manager, slide to the All heading, click on your text message application. Select Force Stop and Clear Data. Then restart your phone and retest. Let us know if this works. Thanks!

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JSP847

It did not work.

We reset the app on both phones, as described. When we tried to send a message from one to the other, the phones were within 200 feet of each other in a 4G area with 4 out of 5 bars reception. The message took about ten minutes to go out and did not arrive for about 20 minutes after it went out. The message was text without any attachments. An email sent out went through immediately.

Personal Information removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JSP847,

I want to make sure you are able to send your text messages without a delay.  I appreciate the troubleshooting you have already completed. Our next step will be to uninstall and re-install the application. http://spr.ly/6583CzHP . Once this is done retest your messaging application and keep us posted. 
YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JSP847

It does not give me the option of uninstalling this app. It must have been included with the Android Operating System.

"Apps included with the Android Operating System may not have an uninstall option."

Personal Information removed as required by

0 Likes
JSP847

It looks like the problem has been corrected for most areas, but it still appears to be a problem only in the area of  95945. Could there be a problem with a single cell tower?

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes