Copies of texts
mike7586152

I am aware that it reqiures a court order to retrieve text messages from someone's phone. However, does the same rule apply to my own account? ie, the phone I want to retrieve text message history from is my own account, not someone elses. Help anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Copies of texts
mike7586152

Also the phone in question is in my name. Sorry if any confusion.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Same thing applies - although if you have the phone in your hand and the messages have not been deleted, you can email them or use a third party software to retrieve them.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

On *some phones* you can retrieve a deleted message directly on the phone itself. There's a trash section you can open

0 Likes
mommabuck

Any suggestion(s) for a 3rd party software?  I ask because we don't pay for mobile web service.  However, we have messages that need to be printed and documented with time date, etc so we can get them off our cell phones.  Customer service seems to be very busy this evening, so I decided to try the forum route.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can send them (forward them) as a text message to an email address - it will count as a text message. The date and time information will NOT be forwarded, so you can add that when you forward the text.

Choose forward as one of the options while the text message is open; it will present as if you are sending a new text and you can add the date and time information and send to an email address rather than a phone number.

HTH,
0 Likes