Copies of text messages?
trese67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to get printed copies of text messages sent and received on my phone?

Labels (1)
Re: Copies of text messages?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only with a court order, and Verizon usually only has about the last 10 days' worth.

Depending on your phone, you could install a text backup app that will allow you to print your text messages.  For example, SMS Backup and Restore works well for Androids.

0 Likes
trese67
Enthusiast - Level 1

what apps do you suggest for an IPhone?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have an iPhone, but I found this with a Google search:

print out of text message history!: Apple Support Communities

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trese67, where there's a will; there's a way. Text message content is maintained on our network for up to 10 days from receipt by VerizonWireless. All requests for text message content must be made through an attorney or court and made exclusively to our Verizon Law Enforcement Resource Team at 800-451-5242. They will verify the source of content requests and may require additional information prior to responding. 

For your convenience, you may view the itemized details of your text messages online at My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc This detail will include the mobile number, time, and date that the text message was sent/received.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tazracin

If the account is in your name, why do you need a court order to obtain what is legally yours to obtain?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for following up, Tazracin. The text message content that is sent is completed through the Verizon Wireless network. You're more than welcome to save messages on the device but once the text messages have been deleted off the device you will need to work within an attory to have a hard copy provided.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
corsetina

Using the new cross-over application; I went to the Messaging program in my desktop.  From there; it is a simple process to move the desired text(s) to your word processor.  You can then keep as many or few text as you like in your computer in files by person, date, or subject. I usually do this if the person is giving me reference info I will need in the future or if the person is terminally ill and their words are keepsakes.

While I hardly think this requires a court order, in one circumstance where it was obvious the police, etc. were to be involved and the text was evidence; I did insert INTO THE TEXT that the entire text conversation was being transcribed into the word processor and was going to be forwarded to the appropriate authorities and that all right to privacy herein was forfeit.  Having had a career where such things were more fact than formality, access to the legalese is your personal wicket. Hope this helps.

0 Likes