Contacts not syncing for Message+ on MacBook Pro
APakiela

I have never been able to sync my contacts on the Message+ Desktop app on my MacBook Pro.  It works with my iPad and phone just fine.  Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts not syncing for Message+ on MacBook Pro
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

APakiela, that does seem a little odd to me. I want to make sure that we get your desktop to sync with your Message+. When you open up the desktop application do you get any kind of error messages at all? Have you been able to use the desktop application before with the MacBook Pro? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
APakiela

I have not used the desktop application before, this is my first attempt. I have not received any error messages. I even deleted then reinstalled the application, still nothing. All of the contacts are loaded on my MacBook, btw.

AP

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll find a way for you to enjoy your Message+ application, APakiela. Where are the contacts stored on your MacBook Pro? The Message+ application syncs contacts with Backup Assistant/Verizon Cloud. If you log in with your cell phone number at www.vzw.com/cloud, are you able to see the contacts?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
APakiela

Yes, the Verizon Cloud app on my phone has all of my contacts. Message+

wields on my phone and iPad, just not my MacBook.

-

AP

On Jun 7, 2015 11:47 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

APakiela, these are great details. Let's test something out on your MacBook Pro. If you follow this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-messages.html and click on the button that says "Go to Web App" you would need to log in with your My Verizon Infomration. Does it allow you to send messages that way? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
APakiela

Yes, when I said earlier the contacts sync with everything BUT my MacBook I already explored all of these options. The contacts are on the cloud, have been updated on the Contacts app on my MacBook, work on my phone and iPad, and work on the Verizon Messages web app. In fact, I have tried to use the Message+ app on other computers and it STILL does not sync contacts. Please stop asking me what other ways I can use the app and assess the problem at hand. The contacts do not sync through the desktop app. ONLY the number shows up. The messages refresh and update but the contact name does not show. EVERYTHING else is exactly the same as all other platforms.

AP

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

APakiela,

That's a big help. I'm very sorry you've had such problems getting this working. What verzion of the Mac OS are you running on the computer?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
APakiela

OS X Mavericks

AP

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha. That's helpful t know. From what I can see, that version OS may not support Message+. If you haven't done so already, I would consult with Apple. But I don't see compatability. Sorry for that!

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes