Re: Contacts not showing up on Messages+ website
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

timblaktu, we know how important it is to be able to view contacts while in Verizon Messages. Let's figure out what is causing this. When did you begin having trouble? Have you started using any third party syncing software to save your contacts or other information? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem that I reported has always existed since I became a Verizon customer 6 or so months ago. I installed Messages windows app and although it was able to send and receive messages, I've never seen anything but phone numbers in there instead of names.

I didn't sign up for Cloud and sync my contacts until a couple hours ago, as I reported earlier. The contacts appear in the Verizon Messages on the web, but Windows Messages app still doesn't see contacts. 😞

I have not made any recent changes to what services I use to sync my contacts recently. I have been using google contacts as the primary contact database for years with no problems.

Can you please offer some help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for the additional details, timblaktu,

Let's keep going. Take a look at a contact you frequently message. How is it stored into your device? For example, are there 7, 10, or 11 digits saved? What happens when the number is stored as 10 digits?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife is a good example. Her contact is stored in Google Contacts and her number is 11 digits, including the prefix 1. I barely see how this is relevant, however. WHen I look at my contacts in Windows Messages app (yes, it does sometimes show some contacts, but not all, about 16 out of the several hundred that are synced to the cloud), I see some contacts with the 11 digit format and some that are 10.

0 Likes
Ellebell

I have a similar issue with my IPad.  If I connect to the message app via a web browser it displays names.  If I connect via the message + app, numbers only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ellebell,

Having the ability to use either an application or a web browser definitely comes in handy. I can clear up these details for you. Please keep in mind that your view in an application versus a web browser will be different. Space limitations are the reason that all the information isn't located in the same area, when comparing a web browser to an application. Here is a link with the most frequently asked questions about Verizon Messages (Messages +): http://spr.ly/6600ELdB6

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Shawn2020

I was having this issue as well. I noticed it in the web browser version.

I turned on Verizon Cloud sync of my contacts, but then I noticed a conflict with one of my contacts who changed their phone number all of a sudden showed up twice on my contact list. Once I deleted the conflict my Verizon Messages on the browser started showing all the names.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes