Contact names in Message+ for Windows desktop?
SidGauVic
Enthusiast - Level 2

My question: Is there a way to get contact names in Message+ for Windows?

Some background:

I downloaded Message+ for Windows, however, I can't seem to get my contact's names to load up. I have previously used the web client which is currently not working for me and others (see getting the message.....your request has failed and Verizon Messages Web App Error?) and I thought that maybe using the desktop app might alleviate my problems.

The reality, it turns out, is I solved one problem and received another. I can now send text messages through the PC client, but now I do not have contact names for the people I'm texting. I had contact names in the web based client, since I am using Verizon Cloud and the Messages web client pulls that information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contact names in Message for Windows desktop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure you can see who you're trying to message, SidGauVic. What version of Windows did you download the Message desktop application to? Which model device are you using? If you log into www.vzw.com/cloud, have you been able to confirm you see your full contact list there?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Contact names in Message+ for Windows desktop?
SidGauVic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Jennifer for your reply.

What version of Windows did you download the Message  desktop application to?

I've installed the Message+ desktop application to a computer running Windows 7 64bit.

Which model device are you using?

Are you referring to my phone? It's a Droid Razr MAXX. Otherwise my computer is a Lenovo x230t.

If you log into www.vzw.com/cloud, have you been able to confirm you see your full contact list there?

Yes, I can see all my contacts there.

0 Likes
Re: Contact names in Message for Windows desktop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to follow up, SidGauVic. Does the contact stay once added to a particular number? Is the contact information present via the Verizon Cloud?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Contact names in Message+ for Windows desktop?
SidGauVic
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I was going to answer your question, but it seems in my tinkering with contact names all my Cloud contacts sync'd? Woot, since this was the solution I was looking for. However, I'm going to try to load up Message+ for desktop on another computer and see if I can replicate what I just did. I will update later.

0 Likes