Confused on ringtones through text...
lvmyprius

Many years ago with a different company I used to text myself ringtones for free from a web site.  I am interested in doing this again since my tones are not transferable to me new LG Versa.  However, I am confused on a few points...

If I buy a ringtone from Verizon do I also get a data/megabyte charge?

If I text myself a ringtone from a 3rd provider do I get data/megabyte charges?

Can a friend outside of Verizon send my ringtones? (Since I was told that Vz to Vz doesn't work.)

Clarification would be great since I don't want to accidentally find a ton of charges on my bill just for ringtones.

Thanks,

Crys

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Confused on ringtones through text...
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
If you buy/download a ringtone, you will incur Mb charges unless on data package. If the tone is sent in a message there is no additional charge. Yes, you can receive a message with a tone from another carrier, though it may take some time to go through the network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
If you buy/download a ringtone, you will incur Mb charges unless on data package. If the tone is sent in a message there is no additional charge. Yes, you can receive a message with a tone from another carrier, though it may take some time to go through the network.
0 Likes
lvmyprius

Thanks so much I appreciate the clarification.  I went ahead and added all the available blocks that I could also just to be sure.

0 Likes