Clairification on some things I have read on the board.
internaltheory

Hello,

I recently upgraged to a new Samsung Intensity phone and I also did a few things different with my plan to make it a little more affordable. My old phone was one from the stone age and this new one has all sorts of  bells and whistles. I'm really confused about a few things. I read some posted on the board and I wanted to make sure I was clear on some things.

1. If I send a text message to my phone from and e-mail with a ringtone, I do not get charged data but it does count towards my monthly text allowance.

2. When I see a data call under my munites of us, but nothing under my data useage tab that means I was browsing on the internet and I could be charged. It does not come from texting from my e-mail.

3. I should not use Mobile IM if I do not have a data plan unless I want to be charged. Is Mobile IM considered Data or Text and what does Mobile IM Self Prov Flag mean?

4. F&F Message pack 1000 means that I can text anyone (including pictures, ringtones, flix pix etc.)

FRIENDS & FAMILY1 GREATERFREEDOM 700 $39.99

Promotion details
UNLIMITED N&W FEB 2005 2Y

Included Features:

$0.20 per Text Message sent/received (unless you subscribe to a messaging bundle)

Call Forward - No Answer

VISUAL VOICE MAIL INELIGIBLE

NEW EVERY TWO

Streamlined Billing

Additional Features

Caller ID

3-Way Calling

Call Waiting 

Basic Voice Mail

Roadside Assistance

UNL NIGHT & WEEKEND MIN

MOBILE IM SELF PROV FLAG

FRIENDS & FAMILY 1

F&F MSG PACK 1000

No Answer/Transfer

Call Delivery

Call Forwarding

National Enhanced Services Network

UNLIMITED MOBILE TO MOBILE

OTA SOFTWAREUPDATE

NATIONWIDE TOLL FREE $0

TEC PHONES

I was an old Alltel customer as well, if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Clairification on some things I have read on the board.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

internaltheory wrote:

Hello,

I recently upgraged to a new Samsung Intensity phone and I also did a few things different with my plan to make it a little more affordable. My old phone was one from the stone age and this new one has all sorts of  bells and whistles. I'm really confused about a few things. I read some posted on the board and I wanted to make sure I was clear on some things.

1. If I send a text message to my phone from and e-mail with a ringtone, I do not get charged data but it does count towards my monthly text allowance. Correct

2. When I see a data call under my munites of us, but nothing under my data useage tab that means I was browsing on the internet and I could be charged. ??  Browsing DOES use data and SHOULD show up as data usage.  It does not come from texting from my e-mail. It may - you are former alltel, your plan is different than mine and I don't know how all your usage fits into your plan!!

3. I should not use Mobile IM if I do not have a data plan unless I want to be charged. Is Mobile IM considered Data or Text and what does Mobile IM Self Prov Flag mean? I looked up Self Prov Flag on google, and it seems to be some kind of parental control or restriction on Mobile IM - perhaps because you have a limited messaging pack? - Mobile IM is text messaging, and does not use data (well, it does but is not billed as data use, it counts as text messages sent and received)

4. F&F Message pack 1000 means that I can text anyone (including pictures, ringtones, flix pix etc.) This is an alltel plan, and I don't know what all their message packs include.  It would seem that this means 1000 text meassages to anyone on any network, but I'm not totally sure!

Not sure that I've been much help - someone who is more familiar with Alltel plans may be able to give you more insight.

0 Likes