Checking my data usage...
Culb420

I'm on the $9.99, 25 mb data plan.  I want to check my data usage today (the 7th) and the last usage estimate was on the 2nd.  Is there any way to look at my data usage in real time or at least have it updated once per day?  I'd sure hate to have to pay 2 dollars per mb for overages.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Checking my data usage...
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Culb420 wrote:

I'm on the $9.99, 25 mb data plan.  I want to check my data usage today (the 7th) and the last usage estimate was on the 2nd.  Is there any way to look at my data usage in real time or at least have it updated once per day?  I'd sure hate to have to pay 2 dollars per mb for overages.

Thank you.

You can try dialing #3282 + send from your verizon phone. Hear the info and a free text will be sent to your device with the info as well.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Culb420 wrote:

I'm on the $9.99, 25 mb data plan.  I want to check my data usage today (the 7th) and the last usage estimate was on the 2nd.  Is there any way to look at my data usage in real time or at least have it updated once per day?  I'd sure hate to have to pay 2 dollars per mb for overages. On the $9.99/25MB plan, overages are charged at 20 cents/MB, not $2.  The $2 (or $1.99) is the Pay as you Go plan.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Culb420

TheGreatOne: Thank you!  I had tried receiving this text before but it only replied with the estimate as of the 2nd.  Finally today it sent me my current data usage.  I've used the Internet quite a bit and have only used a little over a mb, so I think the 9.99 plan is going to work for me.

SuzyQ:  I knew you'd be along soon to help me.  Thank you for reminding me about the 20 cent overage charge on the $9.99 plan.  That has alleviated my concerns entirely.

This thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Culb420 wrote:

TheGreatOne: Thank you!  I had tried receiving this text before but it only replied with the estimate as of the 2nd.  Finally today it sent me my current data usage.  I've used the Internet quite a bit and have only used a little over a mb, so I think the 9.99 plan is going to work for me. 

When does your billing cycle end?  If it's the 2nd of each month, then that would explain the delay in obtaining your current usage....there's always a "freeze" for a few days when one cycle ends and the new one begins - all the data, calls, texts seem to stop for a few days, then kick in again with fresh numbers.

0 Likes