Change profile?
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the Windows 10 desktop app, Verizon Messages version 2.0.2.0

Last week, I opened the app for the first time in a long time -- it presented me with two "profiles," both with the same phone #, and asked which one I wanted to use.  I was in a hurry, so just picked one.

Now, however, I'd like to go back and LOOK at the profiles and see if they're different -- see why I had two to choose from.  I can't find how to switch profiles in the app, however.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change profile?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Is it possible that you created two different public profiles?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I downloaded the Verizon Messaging (Message+) app onto my HP Desktop running Windows 10 and it is version 1.0.17.0.  Is this the same app you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to provide more assistance for changing your profile. This link is an excellent resource:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/. Let's gather more details so that we can be more effective. To clarify, do the profiles show the same number now?

BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I did, I don't know how I did.

0 Likes
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used the Windows Store on Windows 10 and the app is just called Verizon Messages, and the version is what I posted in my original post.  Not a download, but an install from the Store.

0 Likes
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

The profiles show the same number.

Is it possible that VZW somehow has me in their messaging system twice because I've changed iPhones (4s to SE) since being with them, and perhaps I installed some version of this messaging app back when I had my 4s ?

Regardless -- I need to combine those two profiles or, at the very least, be able to switch back and forth .  I can't see how to sign out of a profile, or switch profiles, or manage profiles.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand and appreciate you getting back to us. Is the device backed up to the Verizon Cloud? If so, all messages no matter what app or profile should back up. If using an apple device, you may also want to contact apple, as they have a seperate storage/cloud system that may also combine or show all messages integrated together. KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
lyro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me. Did you get an answer?

0 Likes