Change Message+ Voice to Text from Samsung to Google
Flyswatter
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my previous phone, the HTC M8, if the voice to text mis-interpreted a word I could tap the word and Message+ would offer suggestions.  Most of the time it new immediately what word I meant. Not so with the S8.

All that happens after I tap the  incorrect word is the pointer appears that only allows me to slide it to the end of the word, delete it and start again.

Is there any way to get this feature back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change Message+ Voice to Text from Samsung to Google
Flyswatter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind, I figured it out.  When using speech to text you have to close the voice prompt, tap the message to open the keyboard and correction are available. Blah.

Just to say, this isn't the only UI the S8 needs to improve.  Sorry I purchased it without going thru all it's features; or lack there of.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Flyswatter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind, I figured it out.  When using speech to text you have to close the voice prompt, tap the message to open the keyboard and correction are available. Blah.

Just to say, this isn't the only UI the S8 needs to improve.  Sorry I purchased it without going thru all it's features; or lack there of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help Flywatter. I know how important it is to make sure your phone is working properly. I'm glad you were able to figure this out, and appreciate you keeping us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes