Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notifications.
Born2ThruHike

Were you ever able to get resolution on your problem?  I have the exact same issue.

0 Likes
Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notifications.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to view all your messages on the web is very important and we do want to make sure that everything is working properly for you, Born2ThruHike.  Does this happen on different browser types?  Does this happen to specific short codes or numbers?

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shawnim
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I receive text messages from 5 digit numbers, I can see them on my Android phone but I cannot see them on the web based Verizon Messages in either Firefox or Chrome.

If I reply from my phone, my reply shows up on the web Messages list but when I click on it, it disappears from the list.

Any updates on this?

Thanks.

Shawn

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think because those are often security text messages are why they are not synced with other devices using that Verizon Messages+ application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shawnim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply @Ann154 .

You are probably right but not all of these messages are security code messages.

It would be nice if Verizon would confirm that this behavior is intentional.

It would also be nice if there was a way to turn off this behavior either overall or for specific numbers.

Shawn

0 Likes
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

shawnim-

We certainly want to get to the bottom of this issue for you. More than anything, we want you to continue enjoying your texting app and ensure your conversations are syncing across your compatible devices. Are you only experiencing this issue with 5 digit short code messages? When did this issue begin? The reason why I ask is that some features are restricted through the desktop version as outlined at the following link under "General Information" #5 Verizon Messages (Message+) FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Please keep me posted.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shawnim
Enthusiast - Level 2

@carment_vzw,

Thanks for the reply.

It only happens for 5 digit numbers.

It's been happening for many months.

I did not see anything relevant in theFAQ.

If I missed it, a more specific reference would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shawn

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Number 7 in the syncing messages across devices section of the FAQs linked above. Messages from the 5 digit numbers are often secure messages even if they aren't related transmission of health information.

7.  Is Integrated Messaging with Verizon Messages (Message+) designed for secure transmission or storage of personal healthcare information?

No, Integrated Messaging with Verizon Messages (Message+) isn't designed for secure transmission or storage of personal healthcare information. Therefore, it must not be used to store or transmit Protected Health Information (PHI) as defined in the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 and accompanying regulations (collectively "HIPAA"). If you're a Covered Entity or a Business Associate as defined by HIPAA, you must not use Integrated Messaging to store or transmit PHI. If your business is a Covered Entity or Business Associate as defined by HIPAA, or otherwise doesn't want its users to save messages to the cloud, an authorized representative must block Integrated Messaging.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ryanm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thanks for that additional information, shawnim. Ann154 pointed a definite possibility as to why the short code messages aren't being received. However, I'd like to take a closer look at this. I've sent a private message which you can view here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

Ryan_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notificatio
simplepinoi177
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seeing as this thread has already existed inquiring this, I didn't wish to create a whole new discussion and, for organizational sake, and am properly inputting it here, even if this is a very old and expired thread...

But I wished to inquire to @ryanm_vzw if he ever ended up taking "...a closer look at this..."? It is still happening with me...

I've noticed web-based Verizon Messages/VText hasn't been able to receive short-code SMS for a long time (maybe 18 months, if I recall correctly); but I am able to receive it proper on my Google Pixel 2 using the Message+ app. Unfortunately, my phone broke, and I don't have access to my phone any longer; the main problem is that I have some important tax information I have to access on TurboTax.com and they need to "verify" me, but only through text. It seems that it is being sent through short-code SMS 5-digits, and I am unable to see it from the web browser(s). Especially as April 15th is coming closer and that information is important and needed presently, it would really help out if I could access the verification text like I can access any other regular text from my friends and family...
I figure it might have something to do spam blocking -- there seems to be a section on it in the Settings within the web browsing Menu. But I've gone and made sure that there is absolutely no blocks set up on my account and for my number/device (on Verizon's side/network). Also, there are many other 5-digit SMS short-code verification texts from other sources that also do not go through; from Google like their Gmail (for both two-factor authentication as well as if forgot/reset password verification through text as well) and all the verification texts from all the banks I attempt to add to Google Pay (Wells Fargo, Citibank, US Bank) -- all need verification texts, all go through the phone's app, but do not show up on the web browser -- to payment services like Venmo and Paypal that use verification texts as their two-factor authentication system.
I am using Windows 7 Pro, and Google Chrome browser (most up to date, pop up blocker disabled), but I have also tried Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers with the same result. 
So, as you looked further into it, is/was there a setting in place blocking it and/or is there a setting I need to disable or enable?

0 Likes