Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notifications.
Usaviator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every once in a while, I get a type of message from a 5-digit short code number. This may be some sort of notification or security confirmation from a website, but it shows up on my phone and I get the message as normal.  However, on the web-based version of Verizon messenger, the message does not show up.  Oddly enough though, the tab that I have my Verizon messaging window open in, shows a notification saying that I have an unread message, even though the message never actually showed up, and therefore, I have no way of clearing. This has been going on for a couple months now, and I currently have a (5) in my tab for 5 unread messages that I am unable to clear.  It is just a building problem and it seems there's no way I can get it back to 0.   I even went through every stored message I had on the web based Verizon text program and deleted every message I had saved on there just to ensure that I didn't miss anything and all the messages were read, but when I refresh the page, even though there are no saved messages left, it still shows the (5) up in my tab.  Additionally, many times when I am sending a message from my phone, the consistency of it showing up in the web version of Verizon texts is spotty.  Sometimes they will show up, and sometimes they wont.  I'm not doing anything differently from one time to another to prompt this inconsistency.  Does anyone out there have any advice on how I can fix these problems?  They're not serious problems that prevent me from using the service, but it's just very annoying when it says you have unread messages that you have no way of viewing or clearing.  Please let me know if anyone out there has advice on this.  Thanks

Labels (1)
Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notifications.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Usaviator, getting this figured out is a must. Are you using the web app or have you downloaded the desktop app? Is it all shortcodes messages that are not appearing in the webs/desktop app? Are you getting an error?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Certain texts showing on phone, but not web-based verizon messaging. Unable to clear notifications.
Usaviator
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated 4 times, including the title of my question, the problem is in the web-based app.  I have tried the desktop version before, but I don't prefer to use it.  When the web-based version is working well, it is perfect for what I need. 

I'm not sure if all short code messages are being hidden or not.  I know they used to come in, but within the past few weeks, or maybe even a month or two, it seems like they are hidden from not showing up in the web-based version.  I have no problem receiving them on my phone.  But they seem to not show up in the web version.  What's really confusing me though and frustrating me is how it shows notifications of unread messages, and they seem to add up more the more short code texts I receive.  There's no way to clear them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely an odd situation, and we will provide a few options to try, Usaviator.  You mentioned that the issue only happens when you receive a text message from a short code.  Do you know what short code or short codes this has happened with?  Since you are signing into the Web version of Message Plus, does the same happen if you use a different browser or computer?  You can try resetting the Integrated Messaging service but this will erase any messages that are viewable on the Website.  To reset the service, if you have an Android, open the app and then tap the 3 lines at the top left > Settings > Account > Delete My Account > confirm by entering your number.  If you have an iPhone device, then we would need to remove or reset it on our end.

AdamB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Usaviator
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's definitely a good idea trying a different browser. I typically use Firefox. I just tried Internet Explorer, but the same problem persists.  I would be willing to reset my account.  I don't care if I lose saved messages over it.  I've already deleted them all just trying to fix the problem anyways.  I typically use the web based version of Verizon Messenger on my laptop computer, and I still have an old flip phone i use for voice and text.  I doubt I could use my phone to log into the settings and reset anything from there, but is there a way to do this through the Verizon account website?  Id be willing to give that a try.

0 Likes
Usaviator
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I noticed one other small detail after receiving a few short code messages today.  When a short code message is received on my phone, it does show up on the list of incoming messages temporarily. It actually stays there until I click to view it.  As soon as I click it, it disappears and the message is counted as an unread message.  The problems seems to keep building as there seems to be no way to clear these new messages.  Any ideas on what I can do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those additional details Usaviator. Has there been any major changes to your account, new phone, change of plans,etc.? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Usaviator
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. Nothing has changed in years.  I have the same phone I have had for years, and split my texting between my phone and my computer on the web-based version.  There have been no changes to the account and I haven't done anything differently.  This problem seemed to start sometime in January, maybe even December and I've been using Vtext for years without any issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Usavitor, it sounds like you've been dealing with this issue for quite some time. We definitely want to resolve this for you. I've sent you a private message so we can get some additional details. Please respond at your earliest convenience. - 

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you ever get an answer for this problem you're having or had?