Cannot take a picture in Message+ to add to conversation
Cryderbd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to be able to take a picture right from the Message+ app to add to my conversation but after some update it seems to not be working, i tried force stop and clear cache but to no success. The scenario is. I'm texting someone about something i am standing next to, to better show them I click the + icon and click camera, I take the picture of the item, and when i click the blue send icon, it just jumps back to the conversation without adding the image. A side note, it still allows me to do video this way and send it in the conversation, but within the last week or two it has stopped the ability to take a picture from the message. I can take a picture from my camera outside the app and then add it from the camera roll to the message that works fine, but i miss the convenience of taking a quick picture while in the message  using the + icon. If anyone else is having this issue or bug, please let me know what you did to get around it. 

Also, when i got to google play store and look at the message+ app, one of the latest bug fixes says pretty much the problem I'm having, I can't update my app assuming I have the most recent version but don't understand why the bug persists.

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot take a picture in Message+ to add to conversation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried to uninstall, then re-install the application? EstevanC_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Cryderbd wrote:

I used to be able to take a picture right from the Message+ app to add to my conversation but after some update it seems to not be working, i tried force stop and clear cache but to no success. The scenario is. I'm texting someone about something i am standing next to, to better show them I click the + icon and click camera, I take the picture of the item, and when i click the blue send icon, it just jumps back to the conversation without adding the image. A side note, it still allows me to do video this way and send it in the conversation, but within the last week or two it has stopped the ability to take a picture from the message. I can take a picture from my camera outside the app and then add it from the camera roll to the message that works fine, but i miss the convenience of taking a quick picture while in the message  using the + icon. If anyone else is having this issue or bug, please let me know what you did to get around it. 

Also, when i got to google play store and look at the message+ app, one of the latest bug fixes says pretty much the problem I'm having, I can't update my app assuming I have the most recent version but don't understand why the bug persists.

Thanks,

Bryan

I don't see the make/model phone you're having the issue with?  If you post that, someone with the same phone might share their experience. I just tested on my Android moto Z4 and hitting the + icon, selecting camera icon, taking the picture, touching the 'check' mark opening 'edit' picture, hitting the blue SEND arrow, did in fact send the picture for me.  I have Message+ v6.9.13.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with sending a picture within the Message+ app, Cryderbd. We definitely understand the need for you to send a picture while within the app. As jav6 pointed out, it would be very useful to know the make/model of your phone. To clarify, are you indicating that there is an issue with updating the app or that you are fully up to date? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Cryderbd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, as jav6 stated, I get to the blue check after taking the pic and when I click it, it looks as if it is about to go to photo editor, and then the app just flashes white and jumps out of the conversation i was in and back to the main message menu with all my conversations.

Phone is a Google Pixel 3XL 128gb

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Cryderbd wrote:

Yes, as jav6 stated, I get to the blue check after taking the pic and when I click it, it looks as if it is about to go to photo editor, and then the app just flashes white and jumps out of the conversation i was in and back to the main message menu with all my conversations.

Phone is a Google Pixel 3XL 128gb

Sounds like the Message+ app version for that model phone might have an issue.  Have you reported this to developers via the app's Settings->Account->Report a Bug (my path on my phone) or maybe a direct email to verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried to uninstall, then re-install the application? EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes
Cryderbd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not wanting to deal with the uninstall and having to reset all my defaults and customization's I didn't want to try this... Reluctantly I just tried it, and as a worker in the IT field it bothers me a lot that it actually worked and fixed it... I joke all the time that the "turn it off and back on again" isn't all I do at my job...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that everything worked out for you Cyberbd. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and letting us know. 

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes