Can you use the Messages app on a non-network phone?
jtenos

I'm using the Verizon Messages app on my HTC One M7, which is my primary cell phone. I also use the Windows desktop app, web app, and the Android app on my Galaxy Tab, and they all seem to work fine.

I use a Galaxy S3 phone as well, on Wi-Fi only (there's no SIM card, but it was previously my Verizon cell phone). I installed the Verizon Messages app and it runs, but I can't get it linked to my account. I go to the Settings screen and tap the Subscribe button, but it doesn't do anything, just takes me back to the main page.

Is it possible to use this app on a non-network phone? If so, any thoughts as to why the Subscribe button wouldn't work or even provide feedback? Or is there maybe another way to link my Verizon account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you use the Messages app on a non-network phone?
Snn5
Legend

Any smartphone device must have active Verizon phone number attached to it.  (its own phone number that is)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Any smartphone device must have active Verizon phone number attached to it.  (its own phone number that is)

0 Likes
jtenos

Thanks. Seems strange that you can use the Android app on a Wi-Fi tablet, but not on a Wi-Fi phone. Is there no workaround that you know of, aside from using the web app in a browser?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

None that I know of. 

0 Likes