Can't send messages to short codes!
dotbran

Whenever I try to send a message to a short code (Twitter, Google, etc.) I get a dialog box that says "MESSAGE FAILED WOULD YOU LIKE TO RETRY?".

I have called customer service; they didn't help. I reset my phone by pulling the battery out while it was on, calling *228, and choosing option 1 or 2 (I have tried both multiple times). Those are the only solutions I can think of, and they haven't even temporarily solve my problem.

I have a Samsung SCH-U750 (Alias 2) with some minutes, unlimited messaging, and no data.

Have any suggestions for solving my issue? If nothing works, I am just going to go to a Verizon retailer and replace my device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send messages to short codes!
DigiGirlMimi

I'm having the same problem. I just got the Samsung Rogue and I can no longer send or recieve any messages to Twitter, Google, or any short code services. :smileysad:

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

same here  i fought with vzw to get me to the  right support so were on the phone trying to figure this out

it appears itz selected users.. all six lines on my account is having this probme but my friend who is a block away has not problem..

will update when i have more info

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

hehe i know what u mean they try to tell me  vzw dont support replying to premium.. and try to hang up on me ... but  i pushed and got  a good level 3 tech and we been on the phone for 2hrs  working on it ..

they are going to open a network ticket.. and thats means the pro level 4 techs fixes it!!

will keep u updated!

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

i just tested sending a msg to twitter and  it sent!.. so itz fixed now!!! ya!

~Brian

0 Likes
DigiGirlMimi

Brian,

What did you do to fix it? I'm still not able to recieve anything from twitter or google...

~Jez

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

i am going to guess there is a block on Premium texting

r u the account holder???

0 Likes
DigiGirlMimi

Yes, I am the account holder.

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

okay have u called and asked if there were blocks?

0 Likes