Can't recieve texts from AT&T customer
adnama36

Hello, I have a friend who is an AT&T customer.  She is able to recieve texts from me, but I cannot recieve any from her.  She doesn't get any error message when she tries to text me, and other mutual friends who are Verizon customers are able to recieve her texts.   I have talked to a couple of local Verizon service reps, but haven't found anyone who can help me fix this problem!  Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might be, or how I might fix it?

Thanks for your help!

Amanda

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't recieve texts from AT&T customer
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
There are settings on your phone that may need to be looked at in order to determine what the root cause is regarding the phone. Have the reps you spoke to looked at the phone in terms of manual programming on it? There are things that can also be reviewed by a data technician over the phone or in store to determine that cause of the text messages not being received. I would start by calling technical support to have them look through your line to see if they notice anything that can be reset. Otherwise, it may require a trouble ticket.
0 Likes
Re: Can't recieve texts from AT&T customer
ShutterBear

I was a former AT & T mobile customer who switched to Verizon last year. When AT & T transferred our numbers, they did someting wrong.  Most of our texts to AT & T friends weren't going through and we weren't getting any of theirs, only the mms. There were no error messages either.  AT & T denied their mistake and Verizon kept trying to fix it.  The guy @ the Verizon Store who helped us said it's not that uncommon and he had just helped his sister with the same problem.  His only solution was starting over with "new" phone numbers.  This is what we finally had to do.  Major Pain!!  My husband & I had to re-do business cards, etc.  Immediately our friends from AT & T received ALL our texts and we received theirs.  Our AT & T friends will be joining us on Verizon soon and we are hoping this doesn't happen to them as well.

Best Wishes,

Estella 

0 Likes