Can't receive/send Picture Messages.
tsjordan

I ordered my phone online, and I chose a plan with pix/flix messaging, texting messaging and everything....

I had someone send me some pictures from their phone and it said to receive the picture, I had to go to vzwpix.com....so I could look at them on the website, but I'd like to actually get them on my phone.

It also said when I tried to send a picture "Invalid Destination", but when I call that person it's just fine...I'd like to know what my phone is doing. This is rather annoying. :smileytongue:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive/send Picture Messages.
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

There are many possible causes for this. The first thing I'd recommend is either 1) take it to your nearest VZW corporate store or 2) call customer service from a different phone and select the tech support option. Either of these can check settings on your account and since you called from a different phone can walk you through checking settings on your phone.

Something you can do before calling, if you want, is to dial *228 and do option 1. Sometimes when the original programming is done something doesn't switch and picture messaging will not work. This usually happens if the old phone is still turned on while the new phone is programming.

0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

Another cause, if you are on the East coast, there is a data outage. Its effecting Pix messaging as well as other data services.

*Cheers*

0 Likes
VariousDevices

Sounds like the phone did not provision correctly... usually this is caused by the old phone being left on while the service is transferred to the new phone.

Call in to Verizon Customer Care on a phone other than your cell and have a representative troubleshoot it. They should be able to undo the errors in the network switch and get your pix and flix messaging up and running again

0 Likes