Can't create new Contact in Message+ on Windows desktop
dwilkinson
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I get a text from a new person that shows only the phone number in the message list.
Go to the Menu, click Contacts. Click New Contact. Enter info. Click Add and get error:

Please enter a valid phone number

Of course, the number(s) I've tried are valid.
Solutions? Ideas? Or is it as a suspect, Verizon doesn't or won't put much into making DESKTOP software work well?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't create new Contact in Message+ on Windows desktop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to be able to save a contact appropriately, dwilkinson. Does the number show up as a 10 digit number, with no dashes or spaces in between? Are you seeing this error on your phone or desktop?

LeoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

On my HP Desktop running Windows 10, I was able to use the Message+ Version 1.0.17.0 app to successfully create a new contact using the steps you describe without getting the invalid number format error:

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
RFKeegan59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to click on a message with just a phone number in the sender name in Win 10 App and then click "Add to Contacts".  This would open the section to add additional info, name, address etc.  When i do this now, the screen for adding info flashes  and dissapears and then goes right to "Choose a Contact".  Why???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question about creating a new contact. Did you recently make any changes to the application? (Update?)

JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
SPSearch

I have the same problem.  Did you get a fix?

0 Likes
thill9

I am having the same issue -- Add to Contacts just goes to "Choose a Contact" -- initially the info screen for a new contact flashes, but on subsequent tries it doesn't seem to, just goes ot "Choose a Contact".  You'd think after 2 years Verizon would have fixed this.  Seems they may just be "too big".

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

hey folks, add the contact wherever you keep your contacts, whether it be google or someplace else.

this is where + draws contact info from.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Managing your contacts is most important, Thill9. We are here to help and appreciate you reaching out to us here. Do you have the most updated software on your computer and for Message Plus? Have you previously been able to add a contact this way? Looking forward to hearing back. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
jjbeng

I'm having exactly the same issue.  I know I can go into verizonwireless web site, from there go into Verizon Cloud (pull down from account menu), and enter contacts.  But that's a lot of extra steps...don't want to have to do all that vs. just quickly entering contact from the Message+ app I'm already using.

0 Likes