Can’t call a certain number, text message, or FaceTime
K22Champion
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't make a a regular phone call, FaceTime (wi-fi), or text message to a certain person. We can only contact each other at certain times of the day and they're random and then the call drops after awhile. We use FaceTime audio because it's clearer and iPhone message. They're a Sprint user and has the iPhone 10 and I have the iPhone 11. I had this problem for awhile now. Our convos are always random and sometimes it just never works. I reset my network settings and even reset my iPhone even though it's new and switched to Verizon from At&t thinking it was a network problem. I don't know what to do; it's irritating. 

0 Likes
Re: Can’t call a certain number, text message, or FaceTime
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to connect with the people you care about, K22Champion. Since you have changed carriers without resolving the connection problems, there is a definite possibility that the problems in the connection are on the other side. Have you tried using a device with a different phone number and Apple ID to reach them? Do you know if the other person has problems connecting to other people?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
K22Champion
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't tried to use a different phone outlet because all I use is my cellular. When you mean use a different Apple ID do you mean using my email instead of my phone number. Also I think it's just my number because we live in different states. Every time we call our carriers you both say it's the other carrier. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are great questions, and we're happy to clarify. What we mean by different Apple ID would be a completely different or new Apple ID than the one you typically use on your iPhone. Please keep in mind that different state mobile numbers would not cause any connectivity issues. Based on the details you've shared, it's been determined that the issue is not network related. To confirm, when you mentioned that you reset the phone, was this a factory data reset in which the phone was set up as new? On your end, is the issue isolated to this contact only? Does the other contact experience similar issues with other contacts on their end?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Cmast045

Hi!  I'm having the same issue.  My partner and I haven't been able to contact each other for months.  I recently switched to Verizon from AT&T, but we still can't reach each other.  When I call him it goes straight to voicemail, but he gets no notification of the call or message.  When he calls me there is no audio.  He can text me, but I only get 1/4 of them and their out of order and delayed.  I can't text him.  FaceTime, Instagram messaging, Messenger, Snapchat don't work either.  The last time we were able to talk to each other at all we were both sending our Find My location to each other.  Our phones both say we are sharing our location, but we can't see each other and still can't connect.
This is what we've tried so far -

- restarting/ factory reset

- switching Apple ID's

- new phones (Android, iPhone XS, XR, 11)

- new phone numbers 

- new carriers

- Apple Genius Bar

I switched to Verizon from AT&T because the staff was empathetic and understanding, and calls got through to him from the store managers phones.  Once I got my own line, number, and new phone we still can't reach each other.  To make matters worse, he is very ill and I'm his emergency contact.  We need to be able to reach each other.

Help!??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how important it is to stay in communication with your partner. We do want to get this figured out. What model phone do you have and what model device does your partner have? Were you having the same issue while with AT&T or only when services were ported to Verizon? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Cmast045

Thank you for your help!  I now have an iPhone 11.  He has an XR.  This first started when I had an Android with AT&T, and he had an iPhone 8 with TELUS.  Our carriers then told us it was because our phones needed to be upgraded, and that we'd be better talking iPhone to iPhone. It's actually been much worse since then.  AT&T finally admitted to me that they were updating the towers in my area, causing more than just his calls to drop, so I switched to Verizon primarily because his carrier uses Verizon towers in the states.  The issue has gotten worse since I switched to Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmast045

Thank you for those details and we truly understand the importance of getting to the bottom of this so that you can stay in touch. Just to help get to the root of this issue, I know you mentioned this issue was present with your old carrier and old device and you have since upgraded and the issue remains. Has your partner upgraded or done any troubleshooting on his end? How are we certain that the issue is on your end?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Cmast045

Hello, and thank you for your reply!  I apologize for the delay, as through continued troubleshooting I missed it.  My partner has done the same troubleshooting, and his carrier confirmed his phone and service are in perfect working condition.  Verizon has said the same of mine, and yet the issue is persistent.  On Monday my partner went to Verizon to try a new SIM card, but all attempts to contact me failed.  I have had coworkers and friends ask if I received their messages, which I have not.  While it's possible the issue is with his carrier and what towers it uses when, I am the only one who cannot reach him.  Whereas, others have trouble reaching me.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmast045, we're going to do everything possible to get the messages working. Do your coworkers also have iPhones? Have you tried turning off iMessage to see if the messages work?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes