Can not receive SMS/MMS Messages from anyone
EchoX860

I've checked just about every setting availabe on my Thunderbolt. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can not receive SMS/MMS Messages from anyone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you called customer service to be sure that text messaging is properly provisioned on your line?

Have you made any recent changes to your service? Did you port your number from another carrier recently? Change phones? Upgrade or downgrade services or add ons? Any of these could cause this -

Have customer service check your line and see if they can determine why texts are not getting through to you.
0 Likes
Re: Can not receive SMS/MMS Messages from anyone
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi EchoX860!

Wow, I know it is disconcerting, not getting the messages that are being sent to you. Thanks, SuzyQ, for your assistance. 

EchoX860, since posting, have you had a chance to get in touch with our Customer Service Team to make sure that you are set up correctly in our system for incoming messages? Are you able to send messages with no problem? I am not showing that there is a known issue with incoming messages with the Thunderbolt.

I also wanted to let you know, as well as other Thunderbolt users, that there has been an update that is rolling out to the devices. Below is a link that shows the benefits and the instructions for the update. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html

I hope this information is helpful, have a good day!

0 Likes