Can I retrieve texts I accidentally erased?
AKollias

I accidentally erased a text conversation and I need it back. How can I get all the messages back???

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I retrieve texts I accidentally erased
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee
AKollias

I am glad that you have recently done a backup. I have erased an entire conversation before without it being backed up. If you have an iPhone you can restore the phone from that back up in September. To learn how visit http://apple.co/2fFP2kc

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Tha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You've come to the right place for help AKollias. I know how important it is to keep your text messages safe.

Did you have the text messages backed up? If not, once the text message is deleted from the phone there is no way to retrieve them. You are only able to view text message details online via My Verizon for the last three months Sign In . The message details include the date, time, and numbers of the text message. It will not show the text message content. May I ask the reason you need the deleted text messages?

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help

0 Likes
AKollias

I had just recently backed it up in September. I just meant to erase one message and it erased the whole conversation.  i just go to my iTunes and hit back up?

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee
AKollias

I am glad that you have recently done a backup. I have erased an entire conversation before without it being backed up. If you have an iPhone you can restore the phone from that back up in September. To learn how visit http://apple.co/2fFP2kc

TionnaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Tha

0 Likes
DOUG_BRITT

My phone  reset the other day and most of my text messages were restored except for a few and one of the few that failed to restore was from my late sister and I really need to get themback . I don't know if I had them backed up or not

0 Likes
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry for your loss, from personal expierence I know how treasured messages can be. Please go online to your My Verizon to see if you did backup. As once the text message is deleted from the phone there is no way to retrieve them. You are only able to view text message details online via My Verizon for the last three months Sign In . The message details include the date, time, and numbers of the text message. It will not show the text message content. - Dolores

0 Likes
Julie779

How do I get the content of the text message back??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure to provide the assistance you need with your text messages Julie779. To clarify, are these messages that you deleted from your phone? Were the messages previously backed up? What model phone are you using?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes