Can I forward texts from sold phone to interim phone until I get new phone?
buffalochick1

Just sold my Verizon phone, getting a new one on Monday. Is there a way to have my texts forwarded to my interim phone (Straight Talk) until Monday?  I have my calls forwarded, just wondering about texts. One would think something so basic would be elementary, but I can't find anything on how to set it up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I forward texts from sold phone to interim phone until I get new phone?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can log into your My Verizon account and look at your text messages online.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
buffalochick1

But if my old "sold" phone is not on my account any longer, does that still work?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If a phone was sold and you no longer have it, then I would think that the new owner would have it set up for their carrier account already.  I'm thinking you just want the old messages from that phone to sync to your current phone, not forward new messages to your current phone, since the old phone won't have your number attached to it any longer. 

Did you get a new number or are you using the same number?  If you used Verizon Messages before and you use Verizon Messages again with the same number on another Verizon phone with VM, then they will sync.  However, using Straight Talk, there is no way.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can log into your My Verizon account and look at your text messages online.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, 2 of my posts went missing.  Basically, if you sold your phone then the new owner probably already set it up.  I figure you want to sync old messages to new phone, but while that might work using Verizon Messages on another Verizon activated phone with the same number used on it, it won't work with Straight Talk.  Do you still have a Verizon account?  If so, you can view your messages as MiiHere described, but if not, then you won't be able to.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Only if they kept the account and line open.  If they changed numbers or cancelled service, they cannot.  OP didn't mention.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Yeah. Can't log into an account that no longer exists.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I think we need more OP input.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I assumed if there were texts going to the old number that needed to be forwarded the account was still open.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like the old phone was sold before the new one arrived and OP wanted to buy a burner on ST for the time being.  Sounds complicated.

0 Likes