Billed for text messages within allowance. Verizon giving me a bunch of non-sense.
PDX_OR

I have a 250 PIX/TEXT/FLIX package and just recently, I noticed they started charging me 20c/message for messages within allowance.  I never dropped the plan. 

It should be 250 allowance for $5 + $0.10/ea overage. 

I started having problem with August and September bill.  I switched handset sometime in July to a non-camera phone, but immediately put a camera phone back on within the billing cycle, so I don't know why it is spreading into the September bill.  The 250 camera/text/flix package remains on my account. 

Top is non-sense

Bottom is from an older bill and the way its supposed to be.

snippet from my bills

http://i31.tinypic.com/24qsuih.png

When I got my August bill, I called and complained.  They immediately credited the amount. 

When I got my September bill with the same problem again, they gave me a bunch of non-sense that they can't do a manual credit, because the system will automatically credit it and Verizon took out a $12 interest free loan against my will for a month with a promise they'll pay back in the form of bill credit. 

611 operator told me they've received an email saying many customers are experiencing this problem and that operators are not to give manual credits.

Immediately, I emailed customer feedback and got a response completely DENYING such a problem with the Verizon Wireless system. 

VERIZON, what is this non-sense?  I don't want this non-sense.  I expect to be told the truth and I don't appreciate you taking a loan out from me for a month without my permission at zero interest. If you overbill, you take an interest free loan and give bill credit.  If a cusotmer is late on a payment, then you charge a late fee.  WTH?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Billed for text messages within allowance. Verizon giving me a bunch of non-sense.
verizonsux_

CHECK EVERY CHARGE ON YOUR BILL & QUESTION IF NECESSARY!!  I just reviewed my most recent bill & noticed the following charges:

Under the "USAGE CHARGES" section, there's a .49 cent charge that's not specifically identified.  I didn't exceed my monthly minutes, so I'm not paying for this charge.  Under the "MESSAGING" section, there's another .49 cent charge for an 'unbilled usage from previous months," 1 texst, picture & video.  I don't know what this refers to specifically & yet, I didn't exceed my messaging allowance (normally don't).  As such, I'm not paying for this charge as well.

Additionally, I continue to receive unsolicited texts from Verizon.  One @ least 3 occasions, I've spoke w/ Verizon CSRs (including a supervisor) to have this stopped.  I also indicated in a previous email to Verizon that since they charge me .10 cents for every text over my allowance, I'm not going to deduct .10 cents for every unsolicited text that I continue to receive.  Receiving anymore after my latest email to them will result in my including tax. 

Now these bogus charges don't add up to much money.  However, this is how Verizon systematically continues to nickel & time my account & I'm certain other customers as well.  This is an unlawful practice & makes it very difficult to remain a customer.  I deducted charges such as this from my account several months ago & they did nothing about it to me.  I'm going to continue to do so & should Verizon pull more crap such as this, I'm changing providers.

0 Likes
Re: Billed for text messages within allowance. Verizon giving me a bunch of non-sense.
rcschnoor
Legend

verizonsux! wrote:

Additionally, I continue to receive unsolicited texts from Verizon. 

Texts from Verizon state right in the text that they are free of charge and do not count against your allowance.

As to your other charges, you should contact Verizon to see what these charges are, or look at your detailed bill to determine what they are. Just refusing to pay it and having it just add on to next month's bill MAY have you start incurring late fees and possibly lead to an interruption of your service, which would then lead to a $15/line reconnection fee.

0 Likes