Re: Attaching images to text very slow
mali603
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 2.4 GB available in my memory and 11.9 GB available in storage. I am using the Samsung messaging app, but I have tried the Verizon app as another user said they use and there is no difference. I delete my old messages constantly and that makes no difference. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sullynole, I can see your dilemma. Is there any software updates available on your phones? How long has this issue been appearing? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, my phone is completely updated.  It has been happening since an update about a year or so ago.  I thought it would get fixed eventually after another update or a phone reset, but neither has helped.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear of any issues with attaching an image. Let's get this figured out. What messaging app are you using on the device? Are other services impacted (calls or data)? Does this happen over Wi-Fi or cellular service? - AlbertoR_VZW 

0 Likes
mali603
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, 

I and others have already answered these questions previously in this thread, but here they are again. 

1. This happens with the Samsung text app as well as the Verizon text app.
  2. This happens both on wifi and on data.
  3. No other services seem to be impacted.
  4. I delete my messages often and also have 2.7 GB of storage and over 11 GB in memory.
  5. This has been happening since an update 6-12 months ago and is getting worse it seems.
  6. Sometimes regular texts take a while to send as well, but not as long as attachments.
  7. Once you take a picture (doesn't matter if you do this outside of the text app and then try to attach or take the picture within the text app to auto attach to the text) it will have a gray/black box that is like a place holder for the picture until it loads and the send button for the text message will spin until it is fully loaded.
  8. I am on a S9+, but have others on an S9 that are also having the same issue.
  9. My build number is QP1A.1900711.020.G965USQS8FTJ6
  10. This happens for all phones/carriers that I send to.
  11. I have check for system updates and I do not have any currently.

Thank you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

gwlund71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon!!!!  What's the status of this issue.  I have the same problem and need it resolved ASAP

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainty look into your concern for you. There is no alerts about this issue with this particular device. I would recommend checking the size of the file you're trying to attach in text message. Depending on the size of the picture or video content, it could be considered a slower upload if you have a long video, sending multiple pictures at high resolution. Please let us know of the results. TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Mambo271

8 months and no real answer from Verizon. Great customer service! I'm impressed. you can do better than robotic questions. I have the same issue 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a step back. Can you describe exactly what's going on? What's the make/model of your device? What texting app do you use?-Joel

0 Likes
vodanh

As of this week, I have huge delays, and straight out failed text message sends on my S20FE using google's Messenger. For a few days now, when I send images, they take extremely long to send, and I can send text messages while the images are still sending, so the receiver doesn't know what I'm referring to and the images come in out of order. Internet connection itself seems spotty and we're just driving around in Orange County, Santa Ana area. What in the world is going on with verizon service all of a sudden? My GF is using the iphone 13 pro max, same issues. We've had service for a while, and the phones for a while (she was on an 11 pro max before ), this is the first time we've had issues since returning to verizon.

0 Likes