Re: Attaching images to text very slow
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was better for about a day after the last update, but it is happening again on text messages for me as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, mali603! What build number is your phone on? It looks like this has been solved with a software updates for some users. I know that you're is up to date but it's good to double check this too!

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sullynole, we never like to learn that the issue is continuing to happen, but let's proceed with making sure that we can find a resolution today. Is the issue happening in just one specific location or anywhere you are trying to send images through text message? Is the issue only happening when sending to Android, Apple users or both?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
mali603
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue happens everywhere and all users. It even happens on data and on wifi.

0 Likes
mali603
Enthusiast - Level 3

SmartSelect_20201219-082400_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
mali603
Enthusiast - Level 3

I find that it takes a while for the picture to even show after taking a picture where to bring it up to see them to attch to a text message. I have tried moving the saving to my phone instead of SD card but that hasn't improved anything either. 

0 Likes
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue happens on both data and wifi for my S9 and my wife's S9. It appears to be system-related as opposed to network-related.  It occurs in both Verizon messages and Samsung messages apps.  My wife uses Verizon and I use Samsung.  In my experience it only affects images recently taken with the camera and saved to the gallery.  I do not use an SD card so this is all internal storage.  Screenshots do not seem to have this problem.  Also, it only seems to affect text apps and not Google Hangouts.  Older images are also fine, but if we take a picture with the camera and try to immediately add it to a text the image will have a placeholder in the gallery but no thumbnail and will take a minute or so to load into the text app, and sometimes even fails to load completely   It's almost like an indexing did not finish and the image isn't ready to load.  This happens with any text message.  I have tried with individual android, iphone, group messages, and even other known individual Verizon text users.  The issue is local to the phone and not dependent on the recipient.

sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue is easily replicated every time if you need screenshots.  It is not random.

1. Take picture

2. Open text app and try to attach last image

I have even reset my phone completely and the issue doesn't go away.

mali603
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep. This is the same issue with my S9+. My other family members are also experiencing this with their S9's and S9+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us maili603. How much memory is available on your current device? What messaging app are you using? If you delete all old message does the picture attach faster?

0 Likes