Re: Attaching images to text very slow
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I even went through and did a factory reset in hopes that would clear some bad data, but I am still seeing the issue several updates later...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jUStPunkin,

I'm sad to hear about your text messaging issue that's still going on when you attach images in the message. Let's get into this a bit further. To begin, and so I don't assume, please provide the make and model of your device as well as the messaging app(s) this happens on. Also, aside from the slowness in attaching images, what other issues, if any, are you encountering (force closing, error messages, etc.)? 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sullynole, the factory reset is typically the last troubleshooting step. We do not show any network issues causing the problem. Have you received any information from the manufacture? 

0 Likes
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, this has been happening for a long time since an update.  I send less pictures through text messages as a workaround.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Limiting yourself on sending photos isn't the most desirable solution, sullynote. Do you have any trouble sending pictures from your Gallery app? You mentioned a factory reset was done previously. Was all your information restored from a backup after the reset was completed?

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
Kylebbart

If our mobile data is on and it has thr issue, what else would you suggest. I am up to date with updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you have Wi-Fi available to test on? If so, please connect to Wi-Fi and test sending an image. Is it as slow to load? This would at least allow a comparison to see if the images loading slowly is the cellular data signal, or something else.

Stanley_VZW

0 Likes
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue isn't tied to the mobile network.  The slow load occurs in the Verizon and Samsung messaging apps themselves.  Recent pictures take a long time or fail to load into the text message before actually sending the message out.

0 Likes
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears the issue has finally resolved today with the latest verizon system update.  This was the second update I received this month (Nov 19, 2020).  The first did not fix it, but this one appears great so far.

Build number QP1A.190711.020.G960USQS8FTJ6

0 Likes
mali603
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having this issue as well on my Samsung s9+. My phone is up to date but still happening for the last 2 months or so. Any additional solutions?

0 Likes