Appointments
Lightswitch1

I keep getting messages that I have appointments but I'm not making them. The first time was for an appointment in at a California Verizon store and then yesterday's was for a store in Washington and I live in Illinois. However, I'm not the one making those appointments. Why is this happening? 

0 Likes
Re: Appointments
deloused
Master - Level 3

Some other person is using your phone number to set appointments 

0 Likes
NancyLG

I made an online appointment at my local Verizon store to set up my new iPhone and pair my iWatch.  When I got to the appointment, the customer service rep told me that they are not told of any appointments and I would be charged $19.99 to have them set up my phone.  I explained that a year a ago I came to that store, and I'd been to a previous store the month before to get assistance on a problem with my set up and I was not charged for either visit.  

I was told the only way to avoid the $19.99 charge was to visit a corporate store, but the customer service rep said that store had closed a few days ago.  I did not feel the rep was amenable to helping me so I left that store and made an appointment at a different Verizon store tomorrow.  I do not know if it is a corporate store. 

Have others found it difficult to get help at a Verizon store and do you have to make an appointment?  This is very poor customer service.  I am not familiar with phone set up and do not want to use a Verizon someone on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NancyLG,

We always want you to get excellent customer service in any location. That's a big deal and I'm sorry that didn't happen at this store. We're always glad to help over the phone or online but if you prefer a store that is also an option. Only corporate stores are owned by us though and we don't control the charges at stores which aren't owned by us but merely sell our service. You can find a list of all stores and a breakdown of whether they are corporate owned at http://spr.ly/6607JGlCl -Andrew

0 Likes