Animated GIF Response to Group Text
dbitter

Sometime ago (several weeks/few mths), I was able to send animated GIFs, etc. as  a response to an already established Group Text/Chat within MEssages+.  Now I cannot.  Please resolve.

Also +1'd another support item that immediately pushes an animated GIF, etc to recipient without allowing from accompanying text message from me.  This was not the case in earlier version.

It should not matter but I am using GBoard.

0 Likes
Re: Animated GIF Response to Group Text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your Verizon Message+ is working differently as of a few weeks ago and now you cannot send GIFs to an established Group Text/Chat within MEssages+, dbitter. We are committed to resolving any issues with your Verizon Message+ application. You mention that this started a few weeks ago, did this behavior started after a software or application update? What is the Verizon Message+ version installed on your phone?
What is your phone model and software version?

We can also check on the GIFs being sent without allowing for accompanying text messages when we get answers to the above questions. Please note that any software/application update may change the way the application works and this may be normal.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
jcsunnyd

I too have this issue and it began I believe with the 6.8.2 version of the release as I had no issue at the beginning of April when responding to a text in Verizon Message + with a GIF.  I am now on 6.8.3 version of the app and it is behaving the same way.  I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 6.0.1

As a matter of fact any time I am responding in Message + whether it be to a group or a single receipient with a GIF, the application blanks out the recipient list and forces the user to select the new recipients from the contact listing.  Hoping to see a patch for this or I may need to look for alternatives.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. We understand the concern to get your gif responses back. We will submit feedback about the application and the behavious so far. Since this started, have you noticed any other changes in the application? The new changes seen could be part of the new update. To check the update notes, your Play Store should have all the information about the new patch.

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes