Add contacts to verizon messages on windows 10
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

All I get are the phone numbers on my verizon messages app on Windows 10. How do I add the name or create a contact on my PC

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Add contacts to verizon messages on windows 10
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

I had to upload my contacts to Verizon cloud. Then I had to uninstall Verizon messages from my PC then Reinstall it to get messages to see my contacts. It is a shame it doesn't continually check contacts.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love Verizon Messages reb0957, it is such a handy app. Here is a link that will provide you all the steps you will need: http://vz.to/2gR3wuK

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

this did not help at all. How can I add the contact names to Verizon Messaging APP on my PC. WHy don't my contacts sync from my phone? I am using verizon messages on it now as my default app.

reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

I had to upload my contacts to Verizon cloud. Then I had to uninstall Verizon messages from my PC then Reinstall it to get messages to see my contacts. It is a shame it doesn't continually check contacts.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reb0957,  I would feel concerned if my contacts weren't displaying the way I want them to.  Let's work together and figure out this puzzle.When was the most recent time where the contact's names synced with the Window's PC? Is this happening with all contacts or specific ones? Are your contacts synced with the Verizon Cloud?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

See the post above yours. I figured out how to make it work. I posted my solution for everyone else to see.

0 Likes
bentang44
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is fine if you just wanted to upload your existing contacts. But, it's crazy if you just want to add one new name and one new text contact. 

Why doesn't this version of Messages have an ADD CONTACT or ADD CONTACT NAME function? The older vision did.

stuartm93001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started running into the same problem on Windows 10. Up until a few days ago I was able to select a message from a new sender's phone and quickly add that number with a name into my Contacts. But now when I attempt to do so, it quickly passes over the Add Contact screen and takes me to my existing contacts screen as if it thinks I want to modify an existing one. Something seems to have hit a limit or the Registry for the App has become corrupted. I tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail. Version 2.0.2.0