Activating Messages+ On Device Without Camera
GGALF13
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I activate Messages+ on an iPhone 7 where the camera is disabled due to working in a secure (security) environment?  In other words, is there an alternative to scanning a QR code to activate Messages+?

Labels (1)
Re: Activating Messages+ On Device Without Camera
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We understand the importance of security for your job and not wanting to have access to your camera. With regard to the QR code you would have to scan this in order to complete the setup process. Alternatively you will be sent a text with the QR code that can be sent over to the application. If you select no access to camera and go to your text messages you will see the QR code and instructions on how to use it in the application. Please go through the prompts and complete the set up in the way that works best for your job security. You can still set it up without access to your camera. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
shark4985
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you please provide more details on how to do this.  I forwarded the link on got on my primary phone to my work phone, and cliked the link to activate on this phone.  It opens the app and asks for my cell number and I get stuck in a loop. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shark4985-

We certainly want you being able to use the Verizon Message Plus without any issues. Do you have an active account with Verizon Wireless? The reason why I ask is that you can use and sync the Verizon Message Plus app as long as you register your 10 digit mobile number that is associated with your phone. If the service on your work phone is not Verizon Wireless, then you would not be able to activate Verizon Message Plus. If you have Verizon Wireless for the phone you are trying to activate Verizon Message Plus on, please follow the link for the steps needed https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-messages-apple/

Once you download the app, enter your 10 digit Verizon Wireless number. A text message with a QR code will be sent. Click on the QR code that was sent via text, it will take you directly to the app to finish the activation process. Please let me know how that works.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dave1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried this, and all I get is an image of the QR code.  Can you please provide detailed and accurate instruction explaining how to activate without using the QR code?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dave1111,

Being able to get messages on any device is important. I know how crucial it is that this work. I want to make sure we're on the same page. What type of device are you trying to activate Message+ on? Does this device have Verizon Wireless service? What happens when you try to activate this?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
JonAllenTX

I'm having a similar issue.  I have a tablet that does not have access to the camera.  I cannot get past the QR code.  When I click on it it's just an image of the QR code.  No links anywhere.  Phone is Verizon (obviously) S9.  Tablet is WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the hassle this has caused, JohnAllenTX. We want to see you enjoy the text features if possible. As of August 2018, the Message+ application does require the use of the camera on a tablet to scan the QR code. A tablet without a camera is not able to be synced with your Smartphone at this time.   

YaleK_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes