Ability to block individual premium text messages
IncredibleNick

I am receiving spam in the form of premium text messages from 33555.  My only option appears to be blocking receipt of all premium messages, which will not work for me.  I would like the ability to block individual premium text numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ability to block individual premium text messages
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You will need to send a Text message with one of the opt-out keywords below to the code that the message is coming from which you stated (33555). This will stop future billing for the Premium Messaging. However, charges for Premium Messaging may appear on the your bill for up to two full bill cycles after the Premium Messaging block has been added to the account. This is due to timing of the bill cycle and the premium service subscription opt-in date.

• Quit,
  • Cancel,
  • End,
  • Unsubscribe ,
  • Stop,
  • Stop All

If opt-out confirmation not received meaning if you did not get a text right back stated the premium message has been stopped , then that's when we will have to go in and add the premium messaging block to stop you from receiving the alert and charge any further. Hope this Helps

View solution in original post

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You will need to send a Text message with one of the opt-out keywords below to the code that the message is coming from which you stated (33555). This will stop future billing for the Premium Messaging. However, charges for Premium Messaging may appear on the your bill for up to two full bill cycles after the Premium Messaging block has been added to the account. This is due to timing of the bill cycle and the premium service subscription opt-in date.

• Quit,
  • Cancel,
  • End,
  • Unsubscribe ,
  • Stop,
  • Stop All

If opt-out confirmation not received meaning if you did not get a text right back stated the premium message has been stopped , then that's when we will have to go in and add the premium messaging block to stop you from receiving the alert and charge any further. Hope this Helps

0 Likes
murph555

I did what you suggest, but got an answer back immediately that says"You are not subscribed to any services.  For more support:  call 18002357105 or e-mail help@sms-helpdesk.com."

Since I assume that's not Verizon, what do I do now?  And, yes, I did register my cell with the national do not call list, and renew it each year.

Thanks,

Elaine

0 Likes