AIM Forwarding not working correctly for former alltel customers.
amiesteroffie
So i've read on a post a while back about the AIM issue but it is still not resolved. I think we need to do something about Verizon not helping us with this problem. As soon as merger happenend, AIM Forwarding stopped working correctly. I can recieve IMs but when i try to respond back it tells me no aim user is associated with this screenname. A few of my friend had alltel and they all have the exact same problem. I'm tired of Verizon ignoring us.. this is ridiclous. If Verizon doesn't fix this we should all be able to cancel our contracts free of charge or at least give us a big credit on our bills. Our service are not working like they are guaranteed to as it says in the contract. I'm getting fed up.. its been like this since July 13. Come On! How ghetto can a phone company be!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: AIM Forwarding not working correctly for former alltel customers.
smitmor

Mine is doing the same thing.  Actually, I couldn't even receive AIM messages for the longest.  I finally got Verizon phones and switched to a Verizon plan and now I can receive AIM messages, but I cannot reply to them.  I get the same error as you.  I reported it to Verizon and got a canned response along the lines of "there's nothing we can do, it must be a problem with your phone."  I'm so sick of Verizon and their botched integration of Alltel.  My phone doesn't work in places where Alltel used to be solid, and I've never had so many dropped calls in my life.  I just ordered an iPhone.  The AT&T network sucks as well, but at least with them I'll have a cooler phone to play with.

0 Likes
Re: AIM Forwarding not working correctly for former alltel customers.
DGiguere

The reason you are unable to message back is because something is wrong with the PRL. If you still have the same number as was for Alltel, the number is still an Alltel number and you may need to request the hybrid PRL that a technician can push to your phone. It should help with network problems and lock your number to Verizon towers so any data problems will be fixed... Or supposedly. I have the same issues. So far, the AIM forwarding is the only issue I have anymore.

It has been way too long for these issues to still be occurring, but there is nothing that can be done, says Verizon. They should have thought about these issues before thinking about how much money they will profit by buying out another service provider. I'm a Verizon customer now, why do I still have Alltel weighing me down? I'm fixing bout to take myself over to Sprint or ATT.

0 Likes