6.4.1? 6.4.2? Update WiFi messaging
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was 6.4.1 the update they pushed out on 2/1 and 6.4.2 on 2/2? Either way both are broken for WiFi text message sending and receiving.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 6.4.1? 6.4.2? Update WiFi messaging
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

6.4.3 was released today, 2/3/17.  Haven't had a chance to play with the wifi; perhaps others have and can report if it's fixed yet?

0 Likes
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

No mines still won't send on WiFi. Disconnect WiFi and messages go right away. I'm using Goggle messaging until it's sorted out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kieta, we want our customers to have great options for their messaging services. We have heard of some customers experience the issue you stated and are looking into this. However, for Wi-Fi messaging to work on most phones, Wi-Fi calling has to be as well. Do you have that features enabled within the Settings of your phone?

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you saying that prior to this update fiasco started on February 1, 2017 that WiFi calling didn't have to be enabled to send text messages over WiFi? Because before this update on 2/1/2017 I didn't have to disconnect WiFi every time I wanted to send a text nor did I have to turn on WiFi calling.

0 Likes
Kieta
Enthusiast - Level 3

And to answer you generic, read off my script question, yes WiFi calling is enabled and no texting over WiFi still doesn't work on 6.4.4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kieta, we will get your messages working over Wi-Fi. Have you updated to the latest software 6.4.4? If not, please update and test. Does this happen on all Wi-Fi connnections?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes