5-stage verification, useless Messages+, no way to get customer support
LeeDCornell1

I try to log on to have Messages+ on my computer. I have to enter the userid, password, security answer (even though I always check the "Remember my Device" box), then go to my phone to answer "yes", it is me. Then get the second message saying, "Yes, I authorize access." And then after about 10 minutes, I am disconnected because ... you know ... I was not active. Then I was on hold with "Chat" for over two hours.

There must be some secret, right?

0 Likes
Re: 5-stage verification, useless Messages+, no way to get customer support
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how useful it can be to be able to message on a computer, LeeDCornell1. You have reached the right person to help you. I am sorry to hear that you were on hold for so long. We have experienced higher than normal wait times due to the holiday. Has this ever happened before? What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
LeeDCornell1

I have tried 4 different browsers. Same bevavior. I have used CC Cleaner to remove all caches. Same behavior. It keeps going through the 5 steps in the log in and verification process. Every single time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeeDCornell1, thank you for the details you've shared. As a Message+ online user, I know how inconvenient it is for you experience log in issues and we want to fix this.

When you click "Yes, I authorize access." on you phone do you close the message on your phone or do you leave it open?  

Please keep in mind that when you select "Remember me" on the Sign in to My Verizon page, only your Mobile Number or User ID will be saved.

To disable the   please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your My Verizon account

2. Hover over the Account drop down menu located on the upper right hand side of the screen.

3. Click on Profile Settings

4. On the left hand side click on Enhanced authentication.

5. Click Off to the right side of Require Enhanced Authentication.

6. Click Save Changes. 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes