Re: $5 messaging plan
C_DM
Yes, the old $10/month for 500 messages and unlimited M2M messaging is gone now, as mentioned. But, also as mentioned, it would be good to know for sure if the new $10/month for 1000 messages also has M2M messaging included or not (it seems that quite a few Verizon representatives seem to say that it does, yet others seem to say that it doesn't). Hopefully some real confirmation one way or another would do some good.
0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

, this is a great question and I can understand how it can be confusing but I'm here to clear this up for you and the rest of the community. I understand how important this is because texting is used just as much as voice calls. The $10.00 messaging plan that includes 1000 messages per month does not include unlimited mobile to mobile messaging. I listed a link to our website below for your convenience. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/explore/?page=text-plan

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi lewisr13,

Thanks to the community for your input. I will clarify the new messaging bundles. They are:

$10.00- 1000 messages total for the cycle for the line with the package. Mobile to Mobile messages are not included

$20.00- Unlimited messaging (for the individual line)

Existing lines retain "grandfathered" bundles. If you have one of these, then move off those features, you cannot move back.

Grandfathered messaging bundles include:

• $5/250 messages
  • $10/500 with Unl M2M
  • $20/5000 with Unl M2M 

The following link will provide more information on our new Messaging Bundles. Click on the link and then click the "View Plan Details" link under your plan. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?&item=planFirst&action=viewPlanOverview

I hope this information is helpful for you and other community members. Have a good day!

0 Likes
thelettertwo

Okay, this is probably redundant but I just wanted to clarify something:

For family share plans, is the $30/month Unlimited messaging for ALL lines on an account?

For instance, I have 5 lines on my family plan- is that $30/month Unlimited for EACH line?? Or is that $30/month Unlimited for all 5 lines?? It seems too good to be true is that was one monthly charge for all lines... haha 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

thelettertwo wrote:

Okay, this is probably redundant but I just wanted to clarify something:

For family share plans, is the $30/month Unlimited messaging for ALL lines on an account?

For instance, I have 5 lines on my family plan- is that $30/month Unlimited for EACH line?? Or is that $30/month Unlimited for all 5 lines?? It seems too good to be true is that was one monthly charge for all lines... haha 

It is $30 total across all the lines on the family plan.  Whether it is two or five lines.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cparr88

The 1000 message plan does not have unlimited texting to/from other Verizon customers.

0 Likes