why is my ellipsis 7 using so much data?
cricketcn

Just got an ellipsis 7 2 weeks ago.  It has already used most of my allotted data.  WHY?  How do I control this?

0 Likes
Re: why is my ellipsis 7 using so much data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cricketcn,

Congrats on the new device! Hope your enjoying your new tablet. One way to keep your data usage low would be to use Wi-Fi whenever available. Do you have a Wi-Fi connection available? How do you normally use your tablet?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Firannion
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem, and it seems to be because my Ellipsis disconnects from my home WiFi system within a minute or two or when I turn it on.  I get a message saying 'Authentication problem' each time.  I can reconnect it but then it goes down again almost immediately.  My router was recently installed by Time Warner Cable so there should not be an issue with it being too old.  And my iPhone 4 stays connected to it just fine.  What do I do?  Is it the device itself?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cricketcn, Congrats on having one of our best tablets! I know the importance of ensuing your device stays connected so I'd like to help. One of the best steps to try for this issue is to Forget and Re-add your Wifi Network. You can select your Wifi Network listed and choose "Forget".  Here's a link with the steps to reconnect it http://vz.to/1nz8BDn. You can also check the Advanced settings for Wifi by pressing the Menu option within Wifi. Be sure choose 'Always' for "Keep Wi-fi on during sleep" this will ensure the device  as well. Be sure to keep us posted on this.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes