why is Ellipsis 8 so slow
MISSY50
Enthusiast - Level 1
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why is Ellipsis 8 so slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlevitt, you are correct in know that a SD memory card provides extra storage which can free up room on your device. RAM (random access memory) is something that is only on the device itself, not something a memory card can provide. The memory card provides the storage and relief to allow the device to have more room so that it can work more efficiently.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's speed things up for you again. What is the affected zip code you're experiencing this lag in? when did this trouble begin for you? Share details. Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Timmyth3geek

I just got an ellipse 8 and it is much slower than my LG tablet I had before. All applications open much slower and some do not work. I like the Weather Underground app and it will not run on the Ellipsis.  Error says the google play store has to be updated. Never had this problem on an Android device.

0 Likes
Timmyth3geek

Update.....I did install the Lollipop update yesterday when I got home and it updated all apps that were already installed. However it did not update Google play services. I just updated that manually now my other apps are working.device is still slower to open apps and slower at just general response and swiping. Someone needs to fix the update function to update all software on this device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Timmyth3geek I am glad that you were able to update the software on the tablet and the apps all seem to be working but moving slowly when opening. We want the tablet to be as fast as possible. With he applications you are having trouble with please do the following http://vz.to/1LrqwrD. Once this has been done please reboot the tablet and try again.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ejsiii
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is a slug,good luck getting an answer

SKalber71
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ellipsis 8 tablet only has 1gb of RAM and that is not alot nowadays. RAM is what helps run the apps on your tablet. If there is not a lot available it can prevent your tablet from operating quickly.

dlevitt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've also been very unhappy with the lack of performance.  I've found that 2 things seem to help.

1.  Clean the cache every few days to free up memory.

2. Make sure that you only have 1 browser window open at a time.  It seems that multiple windows use more memory resources.

We shouldn't have these problems with a "modern" tablet.  I wish Verizon engineers would have included 2 or 3 gigs.  It couldn't have added that much to the manufacturing cost.

SKalber71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I continually am closing the recent app windows and I don't have more than one or two browser windows open at once. I wish they would have put two or three gigs of ram in these also.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlevitt,
Not enough memory can make anyone unhappy. Additional memory is just an SD card away. Your Ellipsis can support up to 32 additional GBs with an optional SD card. Here’s a link with options: http://vz.to/1VR6bUf.

KatiM_VZW