transfer ownership of Ellipsis 10 tablet
sam_warren41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was given an ellipsis 10 tablet and did a reset. Now I'm not able to get passed the {enter an email account and password}. It keeps saying to log in with owner account. The tablet is mine, and now I am having the owner log in, bugging her. How do I take ownership if I ever need to do a reset?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: transfer ownership of Ellipsis 10 tablet
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the tablet was reset to factory settings, then entering YOUR email (Google) account login at the prompt should set up the tablet with you as the primary owner.  If that's not happening, then it was not completely factory reset.

If there is a SIM card connecting it to the network, remove that, as well as any SD cards. Then do a factory reset.  If you have aSIM to connect the tablet to the Verizon network, (not the previous one, but a new one or one of yours from a previous tablet) insert that and do the setup  after the factory reset.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the tablet was reset to factory settings, then entering YOUR email (Google) account login at the prompt should set up the tablet with you as the primary owner.  If that's not happening, then it was not completely factory reset.

If there is a SIM card connecting it to the network, remove that, as well as any SD cards. Then do a factory reset.  If you have aSIM to connect the tablet to the Verizon network, (not the previous one, but a new one or one of yours from a previous tablet) insert that and do the setup  after the factory reset.

sam_warren41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you SuzyQ

0 Likes
sam_warren41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay I took the SIM and the SD card out I do not have a SIM card to put back in will this still work?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will work on wifi only.  We have both a 10 and an 8 (Ellipsis) that we use on wifi, with no SIM card at all.

If you decide to add it to your plan ($10/month on the Verizon plan, or $20/month if you are on the unlimited plan) later, you can do so by getting a SIM card (free at a corporate store) to connect the tablet to the Verizon network.  The previous owner's SIM has THEIR information on it - it's simple enough to get a new one from Verizon.

0 Likes
sam_warren41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, again thank you, we think it's the kill switch that is causing the problem, both Verizon and Google said to call the manufacturer. Ugh. And to wait 24 hour to try again. In any case, I will report in to how it goes.

0 Likes
sam_warren41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you SuzyQ, be advised it is a kill switch that can keep you out of your tablet or smartphone anything Droid. I really do appreciate your help and input, thank you. The tablet works great now. Hope you have a great day.

0 Likes
farrukhshaikh

Hi, I am having the same issue and I believe its kill switch so how did you exactly resolve the issue?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there! We know getting your questions properly addressed are vital. Feel free to send a Private Note for additonal assistance.

*Alexis

0 Likes