ellipsis 8 screen keeps going back and forth from red ellipsis screen to blank every few seconds.
anna_b

ellipsis 8 screen keeps going back and forth from red ellipsis screen to blank every few seconds. I've tried factory reset with power button and volume up button. I don't know if it did anything because it went right back to red screen and blank over and over.

0 Likes
Re: ellipsis 8 screen keeps going back and forth from red ellipsis screen to blank every few seconds.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your tablet working the way it should be anna.b. When did you start experiencing difficulties with your screen? Did you recently make any changes to the device such as installing any third party apps or software? Is there any physical or water damage to the phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: ellipsis 8 screen keeps going back and forth from red ellipsis screen to blank every few seconds.
anna_b

about an hour ago. I was on tumblr and all the sudden it went to the red ellipsis screen like it would when starting up. no,I've only downloaded apps from google play and I haven't even done that recently. no damage,it's only been a couple months since I got it and its been in its case with a protective screen over it as well. I'm thinking of just letting the power drain and then charging it up again and just hoping it will go back to normal. is there any sort of reset button like the old version of this tablet had? I just switched from that one and it had one that usually did the job when something like this would happen.

0 Likes
anna_b

about an hour ago. I was on tumblr and all the sudden it went to the red ellipsis screen like it would when starting up. no,I've only downloaded apps from google play and I haven't even done that recently. no damage,it's only been a couple months since I got it and its been in its case with a protective screen over it as well. I'm thinking of just letting the power drain and then charging it up again and just hoping it will go back to normal. is there any sort of reset button like the old version of this tablet had? I just switched from that one and it had one that usually did the job when something like this would happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get this tablet working again. There may be a software incompatibility that has caused this. Lets try restarting your tablet in safe mode to see if the problem repeats itself. http://spr.ly/6580BGMyM
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anna.b

I appreciate the additional details. You mentioned you were on Tumblr when this happened. Does it always happen when accessing this app or any other app?

Place the Tablet in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1P7tZxK and see if this stops. If it doesn't do this while in Safe Mode, the issue is being caused by a 3rd party app. You will need to uninstall the 3rd party apps one at a time, starting with the most recently installed, to help determine which one is causing the problem. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
eviltwin58
Enthusiast - Level 2

If your talking about the red Verizon screen mine comes on whenever it . It could just be sitting there it comes on, I called 3 or 4 techs did the reset thing still did it, they sent me a box to send it to them right before I did the red screen came on. I just got it back they said they ran tests on it and couldn't find anything wrong guess I was imagining it

0 Likes