Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Will not charge past 84%
LOBRI68

The tablet will not charge past 84%. It's less than a year old and approximately 6 months ago it started charging very slow with the original charger. It would get to 100% but it took all day and the battery would die within 2 hours when it wasn't on the charger. I bought another charger from Verizon and it worked for maybe 6 weeks and then it completely stopped working. Now using the charger that came with my Samsung phone and it took 18 hours for it to get to 84%. I charged it for additional 12 hours and it would not go past 84% and this is what the tablet completely off. I followed all the troubleshooting methods that are listed on the Verizon Wireless page including changing it to safe mode and keeping the tablet off of when not in use which is what I had done before. Is this just a factory default or is there any other way to fix this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Will not charge past 84%
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to get good battery life out of your devices, LOBRI68. There are a number of things that can affect battery life. Prior to being unable to charge past 84%, was the tablet left on the charger when it was fully charged on a regular basis?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Muskynut

I just purchased my Ellipsis 10 four days ago, it has taken over 12 hours to charge to 85%. It has never reached 100%..  not happy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Muskynut,

Congratulations on your new tablet! I definitely want to make sure your new tablet charges up & works as it should. I'm sorry that this is happening. Let's roll up our sleeves to figure out what is going on. Do you see the charging battery icon or LED Power light? Are you using a functioning charger/cable in a known working outlet?

I know this is a brand new tablet, but I just have to ask. Do you see any of the following below?
• Charger fits loosely, bent or broken port
• Corrosion, or liquid damage

One last thing, please run a device health check by using this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ Once that is done, please let us know what shows up with a red or yellow exclamation mark. Thank you!

Alicia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes