Why won't Verizon Messages+ play Message Tones?
frisbear67

I have a Galaxy 4 and had been using the Samsung messaging app that came with the phone. In my contacts, I have specific Messages tones set up for different reasons......my family....my work contacts etc.  I only used the stock message tones that came from Samsung/Verizon.

Recently, I was given a Elipsis 8 tablet.  In order to link my messages from my phone to the to tablet, a Verizon CSR told me that I had install Verizon Message+ on my phone.    Now, on my phone my contact Message Tones do not work.   All incoming text messages now play the standard Default Notification Sound.  Is there any way to get my designated message tones for my family to work on my phone using Message+ as it did using the Samsung messages app?   

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messages+ does not play Message Tones
Not applicable

HI frisbear67 ,

The Verizon Messages app uses tones available IN the app.

To set the general tone: Go to the Conversation Menu (3 dots), Customize, Tones - select a tone. 

You can set different tones for particular contacts by opening the conversation you are having WITH that contact> select Conversation Menu (3dots)>Customize>Tones.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

ALIEM

VZMESSAGES

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frisbear67,

I understand you wanting the text tone to be a bit more personalized. I'm happy to help walk you through setting that up. Is the phone you are using a Note 4 or Galaxy S4?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI frisbear67 ,

The Verizon Messages app uses tones available IN the app.

To set the general tone: Go to the Conversation Menu (3 dots), Customize, Tones - select a tone. 

You can set different tones for particular contacts by opening the conversation you are having WITH that contact> select Conversation Menu (3dots)>Customize>Tones.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

ALIEM

VZMESSAGES

0 Likes
nabulldog

This is fine for a conversation, but what about new conversations?   It plays the same default tone regardless of who starts the conversation, so you are FORCED to look at your phone to see who it is.  Its great when you can ignore the text that aren't important, especially at night when your trying to sleep.-----do I get up or Ignore?.

0 Likes