Why does the Bluetooth shut off?
Sfcwilliam1957

I have a bluetooth keyboard (Edge) and the bluetooth radio on the Elipsis consistantly shuts off. The keyboard is charged as is the tablet. Theyare paired and will connect, but the radio turns off after approximately 3 minutess. It has shut off twice during this session of typeing. When reconnected, Google Play opens to a blank screen. Please explain this.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does the Bluetooth shut off?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure that your devices are working correctly. Does this happen with all bluetooth accessories connected to the tablet? Have you tried using these accessories with another device? If so, does the same happen? Are any other services or features having issues?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Sfcwilliam1957

I can connect the keyboard to other Bluetooth devices such as my Samsung Phone and computer. It stays connected (paired) until I disconnect them. Other Bluetooth devices will not show up in the tablets “Available Devices” other than the “Bluetooth Keyboard.” QTAQZ3 (the Tablet) shows on my other devices (computer and phone) Bluetooth Devices and will pair with them and stay paired until I disconnect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sfcwilliam1957 - I appreciate all of the information you've provided. I can understand how inconvenient the issue you're having with your keyboard is, because I also use a Wi-Fi keyboard. I am confident that we will get the Bluetooth issue you're having resolved. Is the software on your tablet up to date? Settings>  System updates> Check for new system updates. If the software is up to date, I would like you to place your tablet in Safe mode by following the following steps.

1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-right edge) until the Tablet options prompt appears then release.

2. Touch and hold Power off until "Reboot to safe mode" appears then tap OK.
Please keep in mind that the restart process may take up to 45 seconds to complete. Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower left of the unlock/home screen.

Once your tablet is in Safe mode please test your Bluetooth keyboard and see if other Bluetooth devices show up on your tablet. Please let us know if the issues continue, so that we can continue the troubleshooting process.

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sfcwilliam1957

Jacob,

I appreciate your help!

Checked for updates – unit is up to date.

Went to safe mode - Bluetooth picked up a lot of stuff. Particularly BT headphones and the BT keyboard. Was able to pair one but not both.

Currently performing a factory reset – thinking a software may be the cause. I am using Trend Micro as a security software. Do you think it may be the culprit? Don’t have any other software except MS Word.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the response, Sfcwilliam1957. Let’s keep working towards a solution, having a fully functional device is imperative. With the security software, we can not yet rule this out but other applications or software can come into play with an issues such as this. We are interested to hear back about the functionality after the factory reset has been completed. Please keep us updated.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes