Re: Why does music now skip on my Ellipsis 7 since Verizon's Latest Update?
kxanon
Enthusiast - Level 2

So where is the fox for this, Verizon. You know about the issue. Fix the devices, or replace them, or let us cancel without an early termination fee.

0 Likes
alphadog82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good point. Actually have been looking into just that

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Kxanon,

Don't leave. We want your service to be problem free! Lets get this fixed. What issue is your tablet experiencing? What is the current software verison on the tablet? (go to settings>about phone>software/build version). When did the issue start?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Memory management could be at play here causing a skip when RAM is low:  Important Note: Memory Management

0 Likes
JRonie

I use my tablet as a car music player and  GPS,  I tried not to take the update, but the "you need to update your tablet" was staying open all the time and getting in the way. I finally and reluctantly updated.

I have the same problem with google Music skipping. I am connected  via the 3.5 mm headphone jack.

I have found that:   

The CPU is not capping out (average on all cores, it could be a single core capping out)

None of the radios effect performance

This happens on music streaming and local

upping the streaming buffer size had no effect

IT is VERY annoying.

I have hard reset the tablet to factory defaults, and tested only google music with no other applications running and the problem persist.

I have cleaned the cache and the Dalvik Cache.

I have tried switching to ART but that just makes more problems.

So I tried to cancel the tablet account only to find the rep lied to me, I cannot just cancel that account when I want I am locked in a 2 year contract. I will have to pay 200-300$ just to get out of the contract. All this for a "free" tablet.

I tried to find a ROM (System image for the tablet) but no modders seem to have made a ROM for this tablet that is stable. I thought about building my own but that is WAY to time consuming and getting the drivers would have been a nightmare.

As a  last resort I broke down  and ordered a nexus 7 2013 LTE ($115 referb) from ebay and now I have to pay another 10$ to transfer the account to the new tablet. At least I will have something that works again. It should get here tomorrow.

0 Likes