Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,962 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Why Does My Ellipsis 10 Tablet Keep Shutting Down?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rdt32,

We certainly are not planning on ignoring the situation. When you are having an issue with the tablet shutting down, does it ever grow hot to the touch? Do you have issues charging the tablet? 

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fefehanif
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very same problems and I have 2. Verizon rep at store basically said it was nothing they can do. It soo sad to take a person's money knowing the problems that Verizon has had with these tablets. It doesn't only hurt the adults but it hurts the children who are wanting to use these tablets and cannot. Is Veriaon willing to replace these with newer models? Is there a lawyer on board?

0 Likes
Bobaloochi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will say that for me, when my tablet shuts down for no reason, it is not too hot nor do I have issues charging the tablet.  And like I said, the problem is intermittent.  I have had no shutdown issues for about a month now.  When next it shuts down randomly I will try and remember what I was doing with it at the time.

0 Likes
CHRBRO52
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Ellipses 10 does a random shutdown and restart all the time. Last night, it happened 3 times in less than than 1 hour.

Today, I talked to Customer Service Rep for more than an hour.  By the end, my ASUS ZenPad Z10 is coming on Friday and I have a $100 credit on my next bill.

MATGIL40
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Ellipses 10 does this same thing... Powers off even with battery showing 100% charged... Contacted Verizon multiple times regarding the issue and was advised to do factory reset delete apps same response everyone else received.

Verizon tries to deny responsibility for the poor product however they stamp their name on bottom and push sales inside their stores but when the product is not preforming as advertised they deny responsibility .

I've sent my tablet in for repair they returned saying no issues found however multiple customers have experienced this issue and Verizon is very much aware and issue exists .

I come over to Verizon after 15 yes with AT&T and I will likely be headed back just as soon as my devices are fully paid . No excuse when I pay almost $700 for a phone and $300 for a tablet along with unlimited plans and they (Verizon ) act like it's not their issue . Very very disappointed with the customer service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, MATGIL40. We understand wanting to be able to rely on your device. These steps will help you look into some of the more common resolution for this issue: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-ellipsis-10-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&QTAIR7&88... . If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

0 Likes
MATGIL40
Enthusiast - Level 1

This link doesn't help. This is no different than the information the rep give me over the phone. Verizon knows these tablets are garbage that's why you guys are not willing to stand behind them. This is most likely a motherboard issue and you guys refuse to address because of the $$$$$.... I will be sure to let everyone I know in the market for a table to stay away from Verizon products. 

JonV_I
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our company has 3 Elipsis 10s with data plans for our drivers.  Worst mistake ever.  All three tablets do this frequently.  It's to the point that they are sometimes unusable.  They have restricted use the apps that can be downloaded.  I could't more strongly recommend against this tablet.

JAAY5ALIVE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see that others are having the same problem with the Ellipsis 10 tablet, I went through all the steps of calling tech support, factory reset, clearing apps and even got it repaired, and then replaced, the replaced tab I'd doing the exact same thing... Please tell me what are my options short of throwing the whole tablet away... I have grown weary of trying... I need answers

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAAY5ALIVE, I understand how important it is to have a working tablet. We are here and want to get this figured out. Did anything change on the phone since the problem started with your tablet? I understand that you have completed a factory reset on it as well, did you restart your device?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes