Why Does My Ellipsis 10 Tablet Keep Shutting Down?
JoeBuddha
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm wondering if somebody [Removed] the power management code. It acts as if there is no battery, and stays on (I think) when it's plugged in. Mine only started doing this a week ago, so I'm thinking it's a recent update. Used to stay up for hours at a time without any problem.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Re: Why Does My Ellipsis 10 Tablet Keep Shutting Down?
SHALE74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my Ellipsis 10 tablet for almost 2 years. It started having this same issue after the 1st year. I called Verizon and they helped me put it in safe mode, it did not help. I was also told because it was over a year old and I didn't have insurance I could pay out of pocket to have it fixed or get a new one. I use the original charger, there is no damage at all to the device. It started shutting down after it got below 60%, now it does it anything below 80%. It is very frustrating because it takes so long to come back up, then Optimizes, most of the time is shuts down again at least 2 more times before I can get it to come back up and actually work. Once I get it up and running as long as I keep it plugged in, it will last a few hours before shutting down again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHALE74,

I'm sorry that you're having this experience with your tablet and will be more than happy to troubleshoot your issue in an attempt to get your tablet to function as expected. I'd like for you to enable safe mode http://vz.to/2kouGhP and advise us of any new results.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHALE74
Enthusiast - Level 1

whenever I have logged into safe mode previously it would be fine as long as the battery was above 65%, once it fell below that it would shut off, same as it does now. Only difference is now it shuts off between 80-65% and takes numerous attempts to turn back on before it will stay on for a few hours. I have tried to go to your site to enable safe mode again http://vz.to/2kouGhP and it gives me an error.

Stacy

0 Likes
S3er
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon support keeps insisting that going  into safe mode, doing a factory reset, or sending in for repair is the answer. According to numerous owners, the fixes do not work, and replacements they are sent have the same problem as their original equipment.  My unit started shutting down right out of the box, so the downloaded apps are not the issue. Mine randomly shuts down, reoptimizes the apps, freezes while playing videos, and has a very choppy playback. When is Verizon going to admit the units are not repairable? If the problem was a software issue, you'd think by now an update would be offered to download. I'm getting to the point where I will look to switching to another carrier after 15 years with Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DENHER58, we truly appreciate your loyalty over the past 15 years! We wouldn't want to see you leave our Verizon family after all the time that we've spent together. We'd be more than happy to address your concerns with the tablet and resolve any other concerns that may have you thinking about switching. We're sending you a private message to your personal inbox. Please be on the lookout and respond at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you.

SamanthaT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate your efforts and want you to have a good working device at all times, SHALE74. Let's continue to dig into this. Is your device backed up? Have you completed a factory reset on the device at all? Does this happen every time you reach 80-65% of battery life?

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBENC96
Enthusiast - Level 1

We purchased 2 of these tablets almost 1 year ago and we have the same problem. Let me summarize the litany of "solutions" we have done.

Factory resets, safe mode, only run minimal trusted apps, and many others. We brought in our tablet and showed to the rep it turning off with 70% battery life. They sent in the tablet for repair. Upon receiving the device back, it stated nothing was wrong DESPITE THE VERIZON REP SEEING IT! It hasn't gotten any better and has only gotten worse! We've called back and we were told there is nothing that can be done despite it's within the 1 year. We have been loyal customers of Verizon since 2002 and you have progressively gotten worse in service and products. AFTER OUR PHONE CONTRACT EXPIRES, WE WILL NEVER RETURN TO VERIZON!  Google Fi is cheaper and I don't have to put up with such an incompetent staff. I have reset this tablet 5 times at the advice if IT when I call in and reps won't send it in because it has already "cleared" their test. I only hope others read this message before buying a Verizon product because it is obvious you don't make quality products, will not service them, and refuse to fix well documented issues.

ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee

We know a reliable device is important, ROBENC96. I'm sure we can get you taken care of. I've sent you a private message in the forum system. Please check that at your convenience.

0 Likes
ROBENC96
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me be clear: THE ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED

So after contacting me via email assuring a resolution, there is now no response.  Nothing has been done to fix this issue, and now I am just past the 1 year mark of when I purchased this.  When we try to email back asking for any type of follow up at the email address we were given, it now says deliverable.  Is Verizon intentionally trying to be bad at service or does this just come natural?  Not only has this been a well documented issue with these tablets, then you do not do anything to remedy the issue. For anyone reading this, DO NOT BUY A VERIZON DEVICE.  They do not provide service and they do not fix the issue.  Keep in mind, this is the same device that WE SENT IN THROUGH THE VERIZON STORE only to receive a note saying "We performed a thorough cleaning and found nothing wrong".