What's wrong with your VZW branded tablet?? (Ellipsis 8)
Danspeed3

I've got 3 issues about this tablet i would like answers for.

First off, I've had the ellipsis 8 for about 2 months now and it's very very slow.

I have 75% memory left on it as I use a 32gb card and everything is on there.

I can't even play the one game I have on this tablet without it lagging.

(No other apps are open when I play the game)

Second, it doesn't connect to my new Mac pro at all. I have many Samsung devices (notes 3,4,5), the nexus 7 second gen and they all connect flawlessly to my computer using the Android transfer app. But the ellipsis doesn't connect at all, no matter what I try. And before you ask, everything is updated to lollipop, el Capitan and the newest version of Android transfer. Only the ellipsis doesn't work.

Third, all my devices can mirror their image to my TV by using the miracast app. My Samsung and nexus devices work flawlessly but again the ellipsis doesn't. It has the function bu,t when I go to connect it, it displays the error, "Google play service has stopped".

In conclusion, can someone knowledgeable sort this through?

*And please don't tell me to update my devices, they already are up to date. The customer service reps on the phone do this every time, is rather annoying.*

Thank you in advance,

sincerely,

Angry customer.

0 Likes
Re: What's wrong with your VZW branded tablet?? (Ellipsis 8)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danspeed3, I too would be just as concerned by some features not working correctly. Let's do all we can to ensure all is working with your tablet. 

Regarding the connections using miracast/screen sharing, did this feature work previously with your tablet, or has it never worked properly.

You mentioned that the connection issue was occurring with your new Macbook Pro. Did your tablet connect with your prior laptop or desktop with no issues? Does it still connect to those machines?

Regarding the lag issue, what game are you attempting to run/play?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Danspeed3

Hello and thank you for the reply NicandrN_vzw.

First off the screen casting has never worked on the ellipsis 8. My TV connects to everyone's phones and tablets except the ellipsis.

It's the Mac pro tower not the laptop. But no, its never connected ever to my computer, my brothers macbook computer or my friends windows based computers. I got my Mac pro before I got the ellipses 8. But my nexus 7 and Samsung note 5 works flawlessly on my mac desktop.

It Is a side scroll game called "zombieville USA". It's not a graphically intense game at all.

I hope that answers some of the questions for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danspeed3

I love using my tablet and would be concerned too if it were having any troubles. When you connect the tablet to your computer, do you get an option to change the USB connection type? It needs to be set to Media Device (MTP). This option generally presents itself when you swipe down the notifications.

For your TV, are you using a Miracast dongle? If so, what is the make/model of the dongle? Is it built into the TV? What is the make/model of the TV?

For your game, have you reached out to the developer to check on compatibility with your tablet? Some games will run better on different hardware.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Danspeed3

Yes, I switch the type and nothing happens. From camera to media nothing happens. If you read above, I'm very tech savvy. I have 7 lines on my account and I deal with transferring data back and forth to all of them via computer.

Every time it tells me to connect device to start, even when my tablet is plugged in. So I switch it to one of my notes or my nexus and it works fine. The problem is with this tablet.

My 80" sharp 4k TV has it built in. It connects to my Samsung phones and my nexus 7 tab just fine. So it isn't my TV, I've already deducted that. It even has a hard time staying connected to my chromecast in my room which is 20 feet from my router.

As far as the game, it's many years old. It worked when I had my old Sprint evo. You're telling me that the ellipsis being a newer device can't run a simple side scroll video game as well as a 7 year old phone can?

It plays on my note 3,4,5 and my nexus tab just fine. It even works better on my old S3 phone than on this tablet.

So, i know it's not a problem with my devices or user error. It's the tablet itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danspeed3

I appreciate the time and effort you have given to getting this working. I love my technology as well and it is always a bummer when things like this happen. I absolutely want you to be able to get this to work the way you want it to. For additional support in getting this device working with your equipment, I would recommend reaching out to our Tech Coach agents. They are specially trained individuals to help you with getting your product working with 3rd-party devices and services. It is included with our Total Mobile Protection plan or you can add it separately for $7.00 per month. To enroll, visit the Products and Apps page in My Verizon: https://myaccount.verizonwireless.com/clp/login?redirect=/myv/productsapps

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/tech-coach-faqs/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes