What do I do. My elipsis had a failed update now wifi wont turn on.
krazeedave

Iv'e had an elipsis 7 for a few months.  Put a 16gb card in and kept app installs to a minimum but read books and play music off it.   An update said it was there and after allowing it to install it said FAILED.   my version it shows is MV7B_31D41_422   build nmber ALPS.JB2.MP.V1_422   Hw version D3A  

after the failed update most of my google apps no longer work and I cannot turn on wifi.  4g seems to be working but wifi will not turn on.  

The low memory was bad eneough, slow speed is fine if browsing the web and reading (which is what I use it for) but I need my wifi to work. 

I know enough to know an app install didn't do this.  The update somehow borked mid update and now I have corrupt files.  merely resetting this will not fix this issue.  Is there a way to get the update to re run.  If I select software update it said "up to date"  (then again it said that PRIOR to the forced update as well,  I check pretty often, oddly the forced (I say forced since its update now or select when without a "forget it" option))

what do I do?

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What do I do.  My elipsis had a failed update now wifi wont turn on.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krazeedave,

Hearing about what is going on with your tablet is very alarming and I'm sorry this is happening. It certainly is sounding like something went wrong with the latest software update. If the device itself is thinking the software update is already done it's not going to give you the option to re-install it.

I know you are hesitant to do a factory reset on the device, but this is often the solution when a software update has an issue like this. Please be sure to back up the tablet first and then go ahead and do the factory reset:  http://vz.to/1yHFzK1

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What do I do.  My elipsis had a failed update now wifi wont turn on.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krazeedave,

Hearing about what is going on with your tablet is very alarming and I'm sorry this is happening. It certainly is sounding like something went wrong with the latest software update. If the device itself is thinking the software update is already done it's not going to give you the option to re-install it.

I know you are hesitant to do a factory reset on the device, but this is often the solution when a software update has an issue like this. Please be sure to back up the tablet first and then go ahead and do the factory reset:  http://vz.to/1yHFzK1

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes